It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

MythT HB User
Anyone deliver early because of Hypothyroid?

I am now at 32 weeks. When I was at 28 weeks I complained about extreme fatigue and shortness of breath. My Doctor ran Free T4 test and discovered I had low thyroid and has started me on levothyroxine. I have read on the net that it puts me at higher risk for early/premature delivery. I am wondering if anybody here has ever delivered early because of hypothyroidism? Or, Is there anybody else here who is pregnant and is hypothyroid?

Old 03-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
Inactive

yamamama HB User
Re: Anyone deliver early because of Hypothyroid?

Hi, I am currently 30 weeks and was also tested for this because of extreme fatigue(through my Primary doctor). I tested very low for my t4 as well. My doctor hasnt put me on anything,he just wants to retest my blood in April. I'm not really sure why he hasnt done anything for me,because I am still dragging and wanna sleep all the time. It's scary all the stuff you learn about this condition on the internet. Best thing to do is just talk to your OB and see what will apply for you,as everyone is different. I think my doctor wanted to wait to see if any levels changed before he did anything about it...guess I'll find out in April. In the mean time though I am tired of being tired!! Sorry I couldnt give you more information,wish I had some for myself as well

Last edited by Emily'smama; 03-12-2005 at 07:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
(female)

nita_xx HB User

i have an underactive thyroid and there is no reason why you cant undergo a pregnancy the same as everyone else as long as your getting treatment,the doc has doubled my medication and so far thats caused no probs for me.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
(female)

MythT HB User

I guess the thing that I am most concerned about is that my hypothyroid is not under control yet and I probably was hypo all through the pregnancy and didn't know it. Who knows when we'll get to the right dosage for me. Today he just upped my medication again. So far he has done that every 2 weeks and I still feel crummy half the time.

Emily'smama - I am surprised that your Dr. hasn't started you on any thryoid medication. Especially if you are having symptoms. It seems to me from what I've read that it's not likely to improve on it's own. I think if I were you I would get a second opinion. Maybe you are borderline according to the tests, but if you are feeling poorly then that should be more important than the numbers.

Closed Thread