It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Nipple stimulation

OK- Let me start by saying:
GET THESE BABIES OUT OF ME!

I am scheduled to be induced on Wednesday, 3/16. I know that is only 4 days away, but I am so sore and swollen and tired and achey... No one should have to be this pregnant!!! I feel like I was a really good sport about this whole pregnancy thing until about 2 weeks ago when the swelling kicked in for real. My aunt called tody and while we were talking she told me she thought being pregnant was a really special feeling, and I totally agree. But I'm done. I've had enough. I have cooked these babies long enough, and I want them out. I hurt everywhere.

3 weeks ago I was 2 cm and 70-80% effaced, with the presenting baby at 0 station. I'm no expert, but I would guess that this means my cervix is ready, or close too it- I just need the contractions.

So, um, how does one stimulate the nipples to start contractions? Twist? Pull? Pinch? And for how long? And what about the colostrum? If it leaks out will there still be enough for the babies? Please- if you have any answers at all, have mercy on my fat pregnant butt and give me some advice. I am a desperate woman!

Old 03-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
Re: Nipple stimulation

Your body will produce more colostrum... don't worry about that. I was 1-2 cm and 40% effaced when I started nipple stimulation on the evening of july 4th. Any continued stimulation at all makes me contract. I just kept changing the motion type to stay comfortable. When twisting got uncomfortable, I just rubbed. Then when they got sensitive from direct touch, I rubbed through fabric. I did this off and on from about 5 pm to 11 pm. I started having irregular contractions immediately. After about 15 minutes. I took little breaks and basically just did it whenever I had a free moment, just sitting around, until I could feel myself contracting again. I contracted fairly regularly all night and thought "Oh, this is it!" But around the morning, after sleeping with no stimulation, they kind of stopped. However, I rolled over in bed, and wouldn't you know, my water broke about 8:30 that morning! I went into the hospital, not contracting regularly, but I'm convinced the contractions were what caused my water to break. So they had to induce me then. I too, was scheduled to be induced 3 days from the day I had him. LOL. But I had bad sciatica and back pain and my DH was leaving with the military two weeks from then. So I was impatient too.

I didn't use a real "technique" of any sort. Like I said, I just did it off and on all night. I've tried with this one because she is SOOOO low and I'm having tons of pelvic pain, but no luck so far. My cervix isn't even softening yet. But with your cervical changes all ready, I'd say there's a good chance it could work! Good luck!
DD born 3/24/2005

Last edited by siren1024; 03-12-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I tried it but found my nipples were too sensitive to do it for extended periods of time. But a friend of mine had luck with Castor Oil with both her pregnancies....I'll warn you now though, try to flavour it with something like Tang juice crystals...(tastes nasty) and have lots of toilet paper ready...it is a laxative so it will clean you right out but that is what causes the contractions. Goodluck, Can't wait to hear all about the little guys! Take care.

Old 03-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

hey lawgirl,

i had to laugh at your post. i think you took the words right out of me! except you have to say babies-- not just baby. i am 46 inches around and 61 inches tall. yeah....you could say that i am over it. the only thing that i can say is that there is no fail proof way to induce yourself. nipple stim can work, OR it can produce too my oxitocin and cause way too much stress on the babies with horrific contractions. there are different teas and castor oil can make your baby/babies have their muconium movement in utero... which is never good. you are almost there girl, forgive me when i say that you have come so far to roll the dice now. i go in on the eve of the 16th, so i will be thinking of you and hope that everything went well. hang in there!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Okay, I have to admit, I am only 30 weeks and am already complaining. The other day, I got desperate and actually looked up how to induce your own pregnancy. I'm ashamed to admit that because the truth is, my baby just isn't ready and inducing myself would be unsafe.

You're going to be induced in 4 days though. I don't think it would hurt anything for you to try starting your own contractions. Look up what you can about castor oil. I only read one article about it and it sounded convincing. The woman said she drank one dose of it (2 oz I believe?) and followed that with a shot of vodka one hour later (I suppose a little alcohol wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't do it myself) and she said she had her baby girl 9 hours later.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #6
(female)

Kimberly HB User

Hey,

I understand what you mean about being uncomfortable. I'm only 32 weeks along but very uncomfortable already. With my daughter I went 6 days past my due date and ended up doing the nipple stimulation. My husband and I tried making love, driving down bumpy roads and walking. None of these worked but the nipple stimulation did. I just did what Kellie mentioned off and on and it triggered things. I would stay away from the castor oil. I've read about it making babie's having bowel movements, causing meconium and a real danger for the baby. It's definitely not worth it when you are only 4 days away from being induced.

Good luck!

Kim

Old 03-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Yeah, the nipple thing is the only thing I'm willing to try. Sex is just so totally out of the question right now, I can't even express it. Unless you have known someone pregnant with twins and seen how big they get, you really just can't imagine what it looks like. What you see on the birth shows really just doesn't capture it. I can only barely even get myself up in bed- the idea of moving enough for sex is just totally gross to me.

Castor oil also kind of scares me, as well as some of the herbal inducers, so I thought the nipple stimulation might be the way to go. Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I have all day off and I will be home alone- so there will be no one around to judge me.

Wish me luck!

Old 03-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I just cant' stand the thought of doing that! I cant' even stand the way my shirt feels touching them!

Old 03-14-2005, 03:49 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattieos
I just cant' stand the thought of doing that! I cant' even stand the way my shirt feels touching them!
It's amazing what putting on 10 pounds of swelling weight in a week will make you willing to do (I'm swollen so bad I have pitting all the way up past my knees. My skin feel sunburned and my ankles feel bruised. My ankles are so swollen that I can't climb the stairs normally because I can't bend them- I have to waddle up like a weeble wobble.). Or heartburn 24 hours a day, whether you've eaten something spicy or not. Or numb tingly hands 24 hour a day, caused by pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. Or carrying around about 12 pounds of babies that hurts so bad my cervix constantly feels like when the doctor does an internal exam.

My hands are so numb that I have to take BREAKS frm the nipple stimulation because they (m y hands) keep falling painfully asleep.

All I can say is be grateful your pregnancy isn't so painful and miserable that it has driven you to such desperate measures!!!

Nyxin- I guess we'll probably be headed to the hospital around the same time! Can you believe it's time already? Good luck with everything!

Last edited by Lawgirl; 03-14-2005 at 03:50 AM.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:06 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks hun. you sound like me in my last pregnancy. i have been fairly lucky with little swelling this time. HOWEVER i am literally chasing around my 20 month old son constantly. i seriously never sit all the way down because i have to get up so much. if i do get comfortable then he knows how hard it is for me to get off the couch and it is like a licence for destruction. i too know that pain that you are talking about in your cervix, it really sux thats for sure. my son got stuck on the anterior lip of my pelvis while in route out on the right side. OMG, it made all these daily aches and pains seem like disney world.

ok, another wierd question..... does anyone know if the baby is supposed to be quiet the last few days (as in less movement) or what? my little guy has been slowing down quite a bit. i have a dopler, so i know he is ok in there. i have just heard conflicting things. and also, do they move more with a contraction or just with braxton hicks?

my birthday is tomorrow, so somebody pop one out ok?
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nyxin; 03-14-2005 at 06:07 AM.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I really don't know....I've been trying off and on for a few days....and so far nothing so I think I'm doing it wrong LOL!

Old 03-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #12
(female)

LVNMYLIFE HB User

Keep in mind that the nipple stimulation you do to start contractions could make you vunerable to problems with breastfeeding... early tenderness and mastitis. Orgasm also makes the uterus contract so maybe you can go that route?

Old 03-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Well, none of it worked, but I'm scheduled to be induced TOMORROW NIGHT!!!! Wish me luck!

Old 03-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

i am right there with you girl!!!! you do know that you go in for the gel, and you just sleep right? they don't start the whole pitocin thing until the next morning ONLY IF the gel stuff worked right? i don't know if your whole thing is worked out different, but the gel does not make you go into labor. i am sure you know this, a lot of people don't though. i can't believe that after all of this we are going to have our babies on the same day!!!!! this is sooooo cool!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2005, 07:42 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Good luck Lawgirl!

Closed Thread