It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
(female)

amy67 HB User
Had a scare

Well as of today I am 24 weeks pregnant, and everything has gone pretty well so far. Until yesterday that is. I took a tumble down my porch stairs, well I basically slid down on my stomach. Anyway, I felt sore, but okay for about the first half hour, and then I started having a few contractions. I went to the emergency room where they monitored me for like four hours. After I went a full hour without a contraction they finally let me go home. I was so scared and stressed out that I was actually throwing up. They told me to come home and not do anything for at least 24 hours.
Anyway, I am stilll confused. I only got to see the doctor for about five minutes, because he was really busy, and I don't go back until thursday for a follow up. Does anyone know what may have caused me to have contractions? Was it the fall, or the stress, or what? Also, for anyone that has any kind of trauma to your stomach in pregnancy, is it normal to feel stabbing pains in the lower portions of your abdomen off and on for a while afterwards. I guess I am just pretty freaked out about this, any advice would be great.
Thanks,
Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Had a scare

I don;t know what might have caused the contractions, but the baby is most likely fine, I have posted this before, but my Mom fell, well rolled, down a hill, two seperate times, and two differeent times, when she pregnant with me and both times landed directly on her stomach, once in a creek! And I am fine! Maybe it was just the stress that caused it! Hope all is well1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hope you feel better soon, take it easy for a few days. My sister in law fell when she was expecting her first baby and she was like 5/6 months she was ok. Dont worry.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I was 8 months pregnant with my first when I slipped and fell on the ice in a parking lot and landed on my stomach. The trauma of a fall can cause contractions, but usually they are harmless and do not result in labor. If you are nervous or have any more unusual pains, you can always call your doctor and ask to be seen sooner.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #5
Inactive

yamamama HB User

I have never fallen while pregnant,just run into walls alot. WOW,that must have been really scary. I'm glad everything is okay for you and baby now. Just take it easy and relax for awhile. Like already menitoned if you feel anything strange,get ahold of your OB right away,or just go back to the ER. Take care.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I've watched shows where pregnant women had been hit by cars (while walking across the street) or got in car accidents and their babies were fine. Yes, some of them went into preterm labor (at about 8 months) but regardless, the babies were fine.

Yeah I've fallen down stares too (I think it was at around 24 weeks) and wasn't too worried about it. I think my stomach gets bumped around a lot more during sex (I'm 30 weeks and it's kinda hard to avoid it) so I would think it would be okay.

Closed Thread