It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Question Gestational Diabetes Question

Hi, I'm 16 weeks pregnant so haven't had the test for gestational diabetes yet but was wondering what symptoms you ladies had when you were confirmed as having it. I was talking to a friend of mine who had it with one of her pregnancies and it seemed like I had all the symptoms...I know alot of the symptoms can be just pregnancy related and not have anything to do with Diabetes but just curious what you all have to share.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: Gestational Diabetes Question

Bump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2005, 01:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User

Kierrasmommy-
Just wanted to drop in and say I am SOO glad you have come this far. I hope that things are going well for you. I am going to have my Glucouse test on the 28th of this month. (We are having a girl by the way).....sorry I can't answer your question, but it's nice to know you are doing well!

Old 03-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I had the diabetes with my daughter, so I am sure I will have them again with this baby, but as far as I remember there are no signs, accept if your sugar goes to high or too low. If you go too high, you can get jittery, and if you go too low you can get tired. I don't remember anything really to worry about, nothing cept the normal pg stuff. Ask your doc or maybe look up on the internet symptoms of gestational diabetes. good luck.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Thanks Sue,
How many weeks will you be when you have the glucose test, I can't remember how far along I was with Kierra. I remember you saying you are having a girl, Kierra has been my little Princess and right from day one she had us wrapped around her tiny little fingers. We go on April 8th to find out what we are having, hopefully the baby will co-operate.
Hugs,
Thanks for your reply, I will look it up on the net, my friend mentioned fatigue, loss of or low appetite, and thirstiness. I have all those but like I said, it may just be pregnancy related, I just can't beleive how opposite my appetite is compared to when I was pregnant the first time...I was a bottomless pit then. Now I find it hard to finish meals and alot of times when I do eat it lasts me for hours and hours and I'm still not hungry when it's time for the next meal. I guess it's true what they say about no 2 pregnancies being alike. Thanks for your replies, I'll keep researching. I have an OB appointment on the 22nd so I may ask her about it to see what she has to say as well.
Talk to you soon. Take care.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I had exteme thirst, rapid weight gain the first trimester, No matter how many sweets I ate, I wanted more, and I was always tired. I was borderline but I had no complications with it. Mine was diet controled and my baby was not big at all. Good luck. Try cutting back on carbs and sugars to try and avoid testing positive. If it can be controlled before hand, that's always a good thing.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:11 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User

I go for the test on the 28th of this month and I will be 26.5 weeks.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:09 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hmmm...so I guess I'll have another 10 weeks before I will be tested...I go next week to the Dr so I will ask her what she thinks.
Andrea, you sound alot like me, that's whats got me wondering if I really am developing the diabetes. Hopefully not. I'll keep you guys updated.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

Try to follow a low carb low sugar diet. If you do have it, hopefully you can get a head of it and control it with diet instead of injections. Good Luck!

Closed Thread