It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 06:02 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User
Lower Back Pain :(

Good Morning!
In the past few days (I am 24.5 weeks) I have felt more and more lower back pain - it's almost as if I need to crack my back. Bending over - hurts. Etc....any ideas or suggestions for relief? If this is what it is at 24.5 weeks I can't imagine what it is going to be like at 40!!! Help!

Old 03-14-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: Lower Back Pain :(

I have had lower back pain since about 12 weeks and have been in physical therapy for it since 14 weeks. I understand your pain. If it gets really bad and unmanageable, you can ask your doctor to prescribe physical therapy. Otherwise, Tylenol and a heating pad (no more than 10-15 minutes) or hot water bottle and a massage from your significant other may make it feel better. If you can swing the cost, a prenatal massage is a wonderful thing. If the heat doesn't help, you can also try ice or alternate between the 2.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User

Thanks a million! I will have to try that tonight.......(heating pad!)

Old 03-14-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

I had lower back pains, and there were two excercises I did that really helped (in the "What to expect" book). And, my ob recommended one of them. The one he recommended was the pelvic tilt, where you lay on your back and bring your pelvic up and squeeze your butt. He said he does 50 / day anyway! The other one is if you "get on all fours", and arch your back up, look down, and breathe out, then arch in, tilt head up, breathe in. That one helped me when I couldn't take the pain anymore b/c it takes pressure off the back for awhile. Good luck. Also, I GOT RID OF the heals. I was wearing 1 1/2 inch heals (still pretty low). I bought some black Northface tennis shoes, and it has helped tremendously.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

Not to be alarming, but I also suggest you drink lots of water in case this pain is kidney related and - if you haven't done this already - call you doctor and tell the office nurse about your pain. They may want to see you soon in case something more than the baby's position is causing the pain.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 03-14-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

Definitly would advise the above too, im 20 weeks first pregnancy and l started to get lower back pain about week 9. I changed my heels to lows! what l find hard is if l sit for a long time say 15 minutes then get up my back lower kills. My mum told me its becuase my bones are weak as l did not drink enough milk which l have to say l agree with to a certain extent. However, the baby is growing and our bodies need to make room"!.I try having a nice warm bath with some muscle soak in, obviously make sure its safe to use in bath forst from your ob or midwife.

Closed Thread