It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 06:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Bleeding? Automatically mean miscarriage?

Hell Ladies,
I have a bit of a question for all you mom's that have gone through this or newly to be moms who are experiencing this with me. Last night about midnight, as usual I got up to go to the bathroom. When I wiped, on the tissue I noticed the tissue was pink. Nothing heavy like a period, but naturally I freaked out. I called the OB triage at the hospital and told them about what had just happened and how far along I was and what type of medication I was on and what for. She said that it was fairly normal and to keep an eye on my contractions, to be timing them and make sure I didn't have more than 4 in an hour. It caused me to be concerned but not so much because when I went to lay down there was really no decrease in him moving. He was still active and kicking all over the place. This morning I felt him "hipcupping" and that eased my mind a tad. However, when I went to the bathroom and wiped again there was still a tinge of mucusy (sp) pink on the tissue...I have my Dr. Appt. today at 9:50 so I will be letting my Dr. know, but time seems to be passing by so slow! I was hoping one of you ladies would see this pretty soon and let me know if it was in fact normal or not. It only appears when I wipe...there's never any blood in the toilet. Thanks so much.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Re: Bleeding? Automatically mean miscarriage?

Hey redsox....how far along are you? If you feel the baby hiccupping, you must be at least 28 weeks....
Well, I too have had pinkish bleeding/discharge off and on with this preggo. I went to my doc, she did an exam, and it was nothing to worry about. (I am not saying you're in the same boat--HOPEFULLY YOU ARE! ) No dilation, cramping, etc....
My doc told me the only time I needed to worry was when there was a HUGE amount, and it should be BRIGHT RED with or without cramping. More than likely, if you are miscarrying, you will feel cramping. (especially at this far along) I hope this helps; and let us know what your doc says!
~Alexis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2005, 07:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

I'll actually be 34 weeks on Wednesday. I ate some toast and drank some juice just now and layed down before I decide to get in the shower and sure enough he's moving around in there. I mean, going to the bathroom that was the last thing I expected to see....kinda caught me off guard and had no idea what to do. But thank you for replying, it does ease my mind a bit, but I won't be totally okay until I hear the heartbeat and reassured by a Dr. but thanks a bunch, for sharing. I will let you know definatly.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

That far along, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and is normal. Let us know what the doctor says.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #5
Inactive

yamamama HB User

I wonder if what you experienced was losing your mucous plug? This can the happen day of delievery or even weeks before the baby is actually born. For me(with my first pregnancy) it happened in the morning the day before she was born. It made me nervous,but I knew what to expect and knew I was VERY ready for delivery. I had pinkish(very light) show for the day and toward the afternoon I started contractions and had her through the night(more like early morning). Anyway,maybe this is what you have experienced? Ask your OB if thats a possiblity.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Okay well I just got back from my Dr. Appt. and I informed him of my scare earlier this morning. I will be 34 weeks on wednesday and have been on terbudaline since early Jan. I am considered to be "high risk." Anyway, he checked me out and said that he couldn't see any blood up near my cervix, that it might have just been a temporary thing. Old blood and such. He said "we'll go ahead and check your cervix and see how everything is." Sure enough he put that horrible speculum in & checked and said the only thing he could see was a bit of yeast that could be taken care of with Monistat (the one you insert). He said that it might have been just a slight irritation and upon checking my cervix he informed us that I am 1 cm dialiated. But we listened for the heartbeat and that sounded beautiful as always and i'm measuring at 34 weeks...so everything seems to be in good working order. I can't help but feel frustrated about this "yeast infection." I mean I'm not a dirty person. I do clean there and well...I know i can't reach all the way UP there, but I mean...c'mon. I've heard yeast infections are common during pregnancy, but is it really? Thanks ladies for all your input.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Hi Redsox,

Yeast infections are nothing to be ashamed of. They are often caused by an imbalance of various natural bacteria that we all carry around with us all the time. They can also be caused by stress or if you have been in a hot/humid climate. (Being that your screen name has "Redsox" in it makes me think that like me, you are in the Norteastern U.S. which is anything but hat these days!) A good homeopathic prophylactic measure for these pesky infections is to eat yogurt that has active acidophilus in it. It's best to get plain and add your own fruit. Also, stay dry "down there".

Good luck. You are in the home stretch(marks!)

And most importantly GO SOX!! Make it 2 in a row.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Did he say if you still had all your mucus plug up there? Sounds to me like you may have started losing it, and being dialated would allow it to come out. Sounds like nothing to worry about to me though. And yes, yeast infections, and bladder infections are quite common during pregnancy. Goodluck.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenW67
Hi Redsox,

(Being that your screen name has "Redsox" in it makes me think that like me, you are in the Norteastern U.S. which is anything but hat these days!)
Actually, i live in the good ole southwest. Right smack dab in the middle of the desert. Good ole Phoenix Arizona. lol* So, with this heat, i'm kinda thinking the baby will be really fussy.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:47 AM   #10
(female)

curious1979 HB User

Redsox-

I was in the same situation as you. I had spotting and cramping starting at 25 weeks. I went to the hospital and everything checked out normal. I went for a follow up appt and the same thing happened..light bleeding and cramping. Dr. didn't want to take any chances, so I have been on bedrest since Jan. I will be 34 weeks this Friday. I have also been going to the DR every week just so she can check things out. No more bleeding...just some cramping and alot of contractions with back pain. I haven't dialated any. I know it can be scary, but if all looks well...try not to let it bother you. Good Luck!!

Old 03-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

I'm in the same boat as you curious....are you sure our 2 babies aren't related? Lol* I've been on mild best rest since the first week of Jan because I started having contractions at around 25 weeks. Silly me, what I was mistaking for movement was contractions and when the nurses told me in the OB triage, boy was i surprised. I mean, this is our first child and I have no idea what anything felt like. The weird thing is though that right after my Dr. appt. I came home to use the bathroom and the pinkish spotting was gone and hasn't returned since! Maybe it was a one time deal i guess? But it was pretty scary. I have to go every week as well. It sounds sad, but I get really nervous thinking I'm doing everything wrong in the pregnancy. I mean, from being considered high risk to having to treat a yeast infection I always get nervous thinking "oh my gosh, my Dr. probably things I'm a dirty person." or like i'm the worst patient alive. My mom has laughed at me saying they've seen it all...but I still can't help but get really self consious about it all. Thanks though ladies for all your input.

Closed Thread