It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 10:00 AM   #1
Inactive

yamamama HB User
rash started now....

I posted a couple days ago about my tummy being really red and icthy. Well now today it has become kinda bumpy and itches sooo bad it hurts. My entire stomach have the rash(if that what it is) and my upper thighs(where my prego belly rests on). I wonder if I have had an allergic reaction to coco buter. Is that possible? I used coco butter during my first pregnancy and through this one. But Got a different kind(that is solid coco butter) and now this...I got some aloe vera gel and that has relieved some of the itching,but it still looks pretty bad. I plan on waiting the rest of today to see if it clears up with the aloe vera gel and if not I will call my OB tomorrow. Should I be worried about this,or does this sound normal?

Last edited by Emily'smama; 03-14-2005 at 10:01 AM.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
(female)

LadyoftheLake HB User
Re: rash started now....

It could be PUPPS, its a skin condition that can happen during pregnancy. I never had it before, but I did see some info on the web about it when I was pregant. Make sure you get to your doctor and get it checked up just to be sure. But in the meantime you can do a search on it to see if your condition is related to that and if it is you'll at least have a headstart. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I wouldn't put any more lotions or anything on it until you see the doctor. They could make the problem worse. I would definitely schedule an appointment and get it checked out. It could be an allergic reaction but it culd be something else. They will want to see it and probably prescribe something for it.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
Inactive

yamamama HB User

I am calling my OB right now. I'll post about what she says. I read about the PUPPP,sounds like my problem,who knows though,really until I get it checked out. Thanks

Old 03-14-2005, 02:57 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi.

My aunt is due to have her baby in 5 weeks time and she has had this rash for 3 weeks and its on her hands chest belly. She finally saw her doctor who has prescribed some anti-biotics and told her she has had an allergic reaction to something. This is her third pregnancy.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
(female)

atbmom HB User

I had the exact same thing with my first pregnancy. It started on my belly. I remember scratching it so bad that it started to bleed. That's how itchy it was. Then it spread to my thighs (that's the second worse place it spread to). The rash was really red, inflamed and itchy! Then I also had a few bumps on my lower legs and arms and hands. It was so itchy I couldn't sleep at night. When I went to the Dr., he told me it was PUPPS. (I'm just glad it wasn't scabies or anything like that, which was my initial impression). The only thing they could do was give me a steroid shot for the itching and a topical cream to help the itching. Basically, the only thing to get rid of it is to have the baby. I ended up being induced a week early. My son was perfectly healthy at 8 lbs. 7 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I wouldn't use anything that isn't 100 percent cocoa butter (or dang near close) because I used a cheap version of it before I got pregnant and it made me break out

Old 03-15-2005, 06:38 AM   #8
Inactive

yamamama HB User

Well,I got ahold of my OB nurse. I explained everything about my stomach having the rash and beginning on my upper thighs. She said to continue with the solarcaine aloe vera burn gel and if things get worse(meaning brighter red and spreading anyplace else) then to call back and my OB would want to see it. Otherwise wait until my appointment next Friday. Oh,she also said I could try bendryl itch cream and that may help. But,I will stick to just the aloe vera for now...seems to have taken the burning feeling out. Thanks all that replied,this is something I never even knew about...so it was really great to have others that have been there.

Closed Thread