It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

emilyallison HB User
Morning Sickness and Watermelon

Hey Everyone,
SInce I know Im not the only one with morning, noon, and night sickness, I thought Id share something my doctor told me. I have been really sick and dehydrated, not being able to keep anything down. SHe suggested I try eating cold watermelon, because not only does it help settle your tummy, but it also has a high water content which helps rehydrate. Well, to be honest, it sounded awful to me, but wouldnt you know it, it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!! If you are having bad morning sickness, you might want to give this a try, it really worked for me.
Good Luck!!

Old 03-14-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
(female)

hshaw81 HB User
Re: Morning Sickness and Watermelon

I have also tried this and it seems to work. I also read a thread about someone using peppermintoil and candy. I don't know where to find the oil but I have used the candy and it REALLY seems to help me out. I find that when I go to Walmart that I get really nauseated and gag alot while in the store, but if I suck on peppermint I never gag. Pretty neat the little things that work. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 05:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Speaking of peppermint, I used that binaca stuff you spray in your mouth. It's strong.

My husband smokes a lot, and cig smell made/makes me vomit. If I felt urge to heave if we were driving or something, I would spray binaca in my mouth.

The peppermint was strong enough that it like instantly changed what was going on in my nasal passages & sinuses. All of a sudden, the smoke was gone...I was filled with peppermint, and my urge to vomit went away.

This worked for me with any smell that made me sick. It did not work on the days I was just nauseous just because I was alive.
Gayle

Old 03-15-2005, 10:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

Watermelons are great I ate a whole seedless watermelon at 2 months and didnt even puke!
I heard somewhere that watermelons have the purest form of water you could find. True or not it is still really good for you just like emilyallison said.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
(female)

jaimecg HB User

It's funny you mention watermelon. I went shopping the other day to stock up on some food. I have no appetite to speak of at the moment, but as I walked past the watermelon, the smell wafted up and it smelled soooo nice. For some reason, though, I didn't buy it, but might go out and do so now!

Old 04-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User

LOL. I thought I was the only one who walks around Wal Mart and gags. That store makes me sooo sick. Watermelon also has helped me out. I cut it up and take it to work for lunch.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #7
(female)

shysbabydoll HB User

Mint is a natural anti-nauseant (sp?) Scotch mints were my saviour with #1. Watermelon too for me was great. I had 5.5 months of "morning, noon, and night" sickness, lived on mints, watermelon, and toast with ketchup LOL. Used anything natural I could.
Love, Luck and Lollipops to all
Jenna

Old 04-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #8
(female)

mommamia123 HB User

I cant keep anything down myself, i am 11 weeks and still cant stand the smell of things i used to LOVE, like BBQ's and soup! Right now the only thing my body wants is fruit, peaches, pears, watermelon, banana's..that's the only thing i hold and it satisfies my cravings!

Closed Thread