It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

tomuchbagange HB User
Doctor apt question

Ok I just had a doctors apt yesterday. I am 22 wks. I had a really bad doctor first who wouldn't talk to me or anything and I got that switched and I am much happier. My question is what goes on at other peoples apts? I went there, he listened to the baby's heartbeat, measured my stomach asked if I had any questions and sent me on my way.... Most of my apts are like this. Is this normal? First one I got a pap, around 18 wks I had blood taken and at 20 wks had an ultrasound. I look fwd to going to the doctor so much to know that my baby is growing and healthy and it feels like a let down when I leave...

The weight gain finally started for me. I'm up to 7lbs. I hardly gained any weight at first, even lost some, and since last apt, 4 weeks ago, I gained 4lbs I know its going to happen I just don't want it to...

Old 03-15-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User
Re: Doctor apt question

It sounds normal to me. I'm 25 weeks now and my monthly appointments are really
quick. I spend more time in the waiting room than in the examining room. The dr.
checks my blood pressure, baby's heartbeat, asks me how I'm feeling and if I
have any questions. That's it - in and out. I also have to see a different dr. each
time. There are six drs. in this practice so I have to see each of them before my
ninth month. I don't know which one will be on call when I deliver. So anyway I
don't really get to know the other five very well. I don't even have my b/f take
off work to come anymore. He just comes for u/s now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

I agree that it sounds pretty normal. I go in, get weighed, pee in the cup, check blood pressure, hear the baby's heartbeat, get measured, and have my questions answered. I'm 23 weeks. At this point in time, it's all pretty routine to go in and have very little done. But at least you switched dr's since you weren't happy with your first, that's most important. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2005, 09:41 AM   #4

FaithfulyWaiting HB User

Sounds normal to me. My last appt ,I went in, gave urine sample, they checked my blood pressure, baby's heartbeat, measured me, Asked if I had any questions, and I was out of there. It probably took me longer in the waiting room than it did in the actual appt.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Everyone's experience here sounds just like mine at that point. The only thing different that happened was that my doctor went over my ultrasound results with me at the appointment following the ultrasound. Basically, she just said that nothing was out of the ordinary. My 24 week appointment was also uneventful. At the 28 week appointment, they did the glucose test where they had me drink a small bottle of cola and wait an hour before they drew my blood. Then she had me coming every 2 weeks, basically just for the same things mentioned above - uneventful. I went in last Tuesday because I had a yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis (thanks to the antibiotics I was taking for the UTI) as well as hemmorhoids - lucky me. She did a vaginal exam then and checked my cervix while she was in there, but only because I had some issues down there and came in for an unscheduled appointment. I assume this week (34 weeks) she will check to make sure the issues have cleared up. After this week, I will go once a week until I deliver. I assume she will check my cervix at each appointment, along with the routine stuff.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Sounds like mine, except we do talk for a while because DH works with the drs and they have to talk about stuff. But they ignore me, lol.
They haven't even been measuring me, they did last time,but only because i was terrified i wasnt' big enough! I was!

Old 03-16-2005, 05:07 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Yup...this all sounds like mine too. More uneventful than I would have imagined.
Gayle

Closed Thread