It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #1
(female)

im3xathreat HB User
Question 2 different due dates, which one to go by????

Hi everyone, this is my 2nd pregnancy so i'm not new to this, but i'm a little confused... When i was 25 weeks pregnant (due date April 12th), I went to the hospital because i was having contractions. They did an ultrasound and the ultrasound showed that the baby was ahead, and that i was about 26 weeks and 4 days and my due date would be April 4th.
But when i went to my doctor for my next visit, she said that she wasn't goin by their sonogram. Now that I'm 36 weeks (In my doctors eyes) and 37 weeks (according to the hospital) I dont know which one one to go by. I've been goin by the hospitals results, because i heard that you are supposed to go by the last sonogram done... But i don't know, if anyone can help please do!

Old 03-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

Tash16 HB User
Re: 2 different due dates, which one to go by????

Hi well i dont really know as im pregnant with my first so have not got anythin to go of but i was given 2 dates and i was told to go off the first sonogram as the baby could jus be bigger than average when later on in pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

When I was just pregnant, I had the same problem. My soogram estimated I was further along than the doctor said, so i asked him. He said to go by the doctor, who uses the LMP. The sonogram is just an estimation, but the LMP doesn't lie, so I've been going by what the doctor said.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

My dr told me the first sonogram is always the most accurate

Old 03-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #5
Inactive

yamamama HB User

When I was pregnant with my daughter I was given several due dates. The first was September 21,then after an U/S I was told it was September 19. I went by the second duedate until I had another U/S about 6 weeks before I was due. At that time I was told I was 3 1/2 weeks ahead of my actual duedate. My OB ignored those results and I ended up giving birth on September 15 with major complications. My OB then told me that I must have been "a little overdue". When I pregnant this time I got my records from the previous OB(because I wasnt going back) and read them. It said in there that I actually delivered at 43 1/2 weeks. Kinda crazy huh??? Anyway,You are suppose to go by your first U/S as to when you are due...but in some cases they are wrong,like in mine. Talk again to your OB about this.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:21 AM   #6
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

Not sure I agree with dizzygirl - LMP only works if your periods are regular (mine were not). I had an early ultrasound for dating purposes and my doc said to go by that, since they're much more accurate when done early.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

My LMP due date was june 25 but when I went for my u/s they told me july5.At my next app my doc said the u/s can be a week off but @10 days he said we would keep both in mind but go with my original so I go with 6/30 for my readings.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #8
(female)

tomuchbagange HB User

My due date was July 18th, the ultrasound said July 23. The guy that did the ultrasound said not to change or do anything different for a few days like that. With my daughter I was given a due date of July 24th, then they changed it to July 21 and had her on July 28th. They did another ultrasound 2 days before I was I had her and they said her head looked to small for the due date, it turns out she had dropped so far that they just couldn't see all of her head. And I was dialated to 4 a week before I had her! By the time I went into labor she was about ready to fall out (lol) I don't really know how much it matters. Everyone is different and there is no way anyone can guess exactly what day you will deliver. Its an estimate.... They say that everything goes faster and earlier with your second one so my guess is that you will have it before both due dates given.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I have had a few different due dates. The first ultrasound I went to they said i was 7 weeks, the next a few days later, some slight bleeding, i was 6 weeks and 3 days. I haven't had a period since April, so i had noway to know. Then the next ultrasound they said due date of June 21st the last one said june 19th, but I like the 21st better so that is what I am going with!
Shelliam, your baby is due on my B-day!

Closed Thread