It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

hreiter HB User
fetal dopplers

Does anyone use one? If so where did you get and what brand? I am currently only 9 weeks, but really want to get one in a couple weeks...

Old 03-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User
Re: fetal dopplers

Hi there, I use one. I can't give you the website but there are ads for them in the back of baby magazines and you can do a simple internet search for one. Mine is $25 a month and it has saved me a lot of worrying. Plus it helps me keep lotion on my belly every day (I use lotion instead of u/s gel). I got mine and had a hard time hearing the heartbeat until I was 14-15 weeks. I had to place the probe directly above my pubic bone and point it downward. Now I am 30 weeks and I can hear it just about anywhere, anytime. The baby likes to whack at it too.
Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #3
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User

I rented one from Bellybeats. You can find them on-line. It worked great but after
a couple of months the novelty wore off. I thought it was going to really bother me
only hearing the baby's heartbeat once a month but now that he's moving so much
it's not that important anymore and it seemed like a waste of money. I figured the $25 per month could be better spent on the baby for things he'll need after he arrives.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

You can either rent one like other posters said, or if you want to buy one, go on ebay and do a search for fetal heart rate dopplers and you should come up with a bunch, I ordered a MAS baby watcher, it came with a bottle of gel. Was $160 and came from another country, I don't use it as much as I did in the beginning, because like another poster said, the novelty wears off once you start feeling the baby all the time, then when you go down to 2wk visits, it is not worth having anymore since you will hear it so often anyway. I love mine and my daughter loves to listen to it. I use it once a week or so, don't need to but do. I figured I could resell it when I am done, since they sell so well. and they are cheaper on ebay, then anywhere else I found. good luck

Old 03-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I rented one....for two months. Returned it when I was about 23 weeks....like the others said the baby was moving on a regular basis by then and I felt it was a waste of money at that point.

And to be honest I really only used it the first month. I hardly touched it the second. Really the only reason I got it is we were on 'twin watch' for a while.....but doctor wouldn't confirm til my 20w ultrasound.....so I wanted to see if I could find multiple heartbeats...LOL

Old 03-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
(female)

taberlan HB User

You can get a cheap one at walmart but they don't pick up to good untill your almost 6 months...lol.....so alot of good they do...But yeah like everyone else said you can get them off the internet. and I am 8 months and I still use mine because sometimes when the baby hasn't moved for a while I can put it on my stomache and for some reason babies can't stand the sound of them and it will make them start moving...which always makes me feel better. If not the baby...lol....congratulations on your little one....

Last edited by taberlan; 03-15-2005 at 06:18 PM.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

we bought one, it is called babycom, we have been able to hear the heartbeat since 12 weeks. And i listen to it at least once every single day! My little guy has an odd movemnet pattern, he goes for about three days constantly, i mean all the time, then for about two days, he is moving, but not much, so i get freaked out! And anytime i get upset about something, i just lay down and listen to him, and i feel much better! I could really lay there and listen to him constantly and be perfectly happy! Ours was 150.00 and came with free gel and free shipping. I have been through alot of gel though!

And mine hates the doppler too! He has a pattern, he will kick it three times, and if we dont' move it he will move. Then if we move it over him again, he will kick it once, very very hard! Then i usually move it!

Last edited by cattieos; 03-15-2005 at 07:55 PM.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:11 AM   #8
(female)

hreiter HB User

Thanks! I am only a little over 9 weeks, but want to get one soon... I just can't wait to hear the heartbeat...

Closed Thread