It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User
What can the baby hear?

I know that babies can hear what is going on from the inside and from the outside, but I was curious if the babies in our tummies can hear things based on what we hear. What I mean is, I'm sitting here with headphones on listening to one of my favorite songs. Is this song filtering through my whole body and being heard by the baby ( or will it be when the baby can hear things from the outside world )?

Old 03-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Re: What can the baby hear?

I get what you're saying. I believe (instead of you holding the headphones up to your ear) you should try putting them to your belly. They hear what they can from outside the uterus, not from what we hear in our ears. Thats what I believe anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

I wasn't doing it intentionally, but I do get what you mean. I just happened to be listening to music through headphones so the thought crossed my mind.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

They hear things like voices, songs and stuff like that i belive at around 23 weeks. But they dont' hear thigns that only you can hear, like if someone whispers in your ear, they can't hear it.
They can hear low sounds best, like bass and vowels and men's voices, although they can hear your voice best. they don't actually hear the words, just the pattern, does that make sense? I have been putting headphones on my stomach on and off for a while, I made a post about it, about how he likes the same songs, and when i foudn about the bass thign I realzied why, he likes Come together by the beatles, and if you know the song, you know it has that bombombom part, and he really dances the whole time that song is on!
At first I thought that maybe they could hear what we thought! And then i realized that was not possible, which made me feel a lot better! Cause i was thinkign, this baby is not gonna like his daddy, lol!
We are gonna try my husband's stethoscope backwards on my stomach and let him talk into it so they baby can hear him better, not sure if it will work or not though!

Old 03-16-2005, 05:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

My friend had a favorite CD that she listened to constantly when she was pg. Then when her daughter was born, she had the CD on and noticed that the baby would relax and go to sleep everytime she played the CD.

Closed Thread