It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #1
(female)

MMsmom HB User
Low lying placenta

I had an ultrasound yesterday due to some light bleeding, and found that i have a low lying placenta. I am 16wks 5 days. 4th pregnancy, one live birth (my first one). The doctor has put me on bed rest w/no sexual intercourse. Will this effect my pregnancy or hurt the baby? Im concerned that i will lose the baby as i have not had much luck in the past. The bleeding is not heavy, and comes and goes through out each day. I only notice very tiny clots smaller than the size of a pea. Has anyone else experienced this or have any information? I would appreciate any input, thank you.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:03 PM   #2
(female)

taberlan HB User
Re: Low lying placenta

A friend of mine had the same thing.....she bleed the first 6 months, sometimes hers was as heavy as a period. she went for ultrasounds every week...to make sure the baby was still living...but at six months the bleeding stopped and her placenta had moved up, which it will sometimes do the further along you get, I had a low placenta in my second pregnancy and it moved towards the end all though I never had the bleeding.
But follow your doctors orders no sex and stay in bed....Sex can dislodge the placenta completely and cause you to hemmorrhage and to lose the baby. just take it easy for a while and let your husband or someone cater to you and hopefully things will straighten out on their on...If it doesn't they will probably do a c-section earlier than your due date, because going into labor will pull the placenta lose. but a lot of women have this and make it just fine. all of us here will pray for you and your little one....keep us posted.... I am no doctor and only know what I read and hear but I hope this has helped....also 99% of mothers and babies make it fine....just remember to take it easy.....I also read up on it and it said that most of low lying placentas that are found before the 20th week move by week 24....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread