It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

fitchick HB User
Exclamation Anyone had luck turning a baby from breech?

I am scheduled for a "version" on Friday one day before my EDD. Has anyone had luck with this? If it doesn't work I will be having a c-section friday or early next week. I am really nervouse.

I would love advice from anyone with experience in this area. Does it hurt? How long does it take? Will the baby stay? They are not going to induce my Friday unless my cervix is at least 2cm dialated. Mine is only like 1.5 right now and long but very soft.

Last edited by fitchick; 03-15-2005 at 07:00 PM. Reason: the undifined stuff

Old 03-15-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
(female)

malizoom HB User
Re: Anyone had luck turning a baby from breech?

I didn't have the experience myself, but my sister-in-law successfully managed to turn the baby, so it can be done. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 03:44 AM   #3
(female)

tarrece HB User

well,it wasnt me but i watched a show, they numbed the woman with the epidoral,and turned the baby around from the outside with thier hands, and yes it worked, and the lady felt nothing, good luck!

Old 03-16-2005, 04:02 AM   #4
(female)

TulipDawn HB User

I might be facing the same thing, however, my md will not attepmt a version because my blood type is Oneg and there can be alot of complications with bleeding. However, versions are said to be anywhere from 50%-65% successful. However, there is always the chance of the baby turning back, complications on interuterine bleeding, etc. You might try looking it up on the web for more information. I would post a site but we are not allowed...

Old 03-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

My childbirth class instructor said that you can get the baby to turn by using a flashlight. They can see light and will move toward it if you move it sort of slowly. I don't know how or if that really works, but my cousin, who is a volunteer labor coach for Crisis Pregnancy Center, also separately mentioned the same thing. There is no harm in trying it. Let me know if you do and if it works.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I saw on TV (Baby Story) once that a lady went to her chiropractor and they made a small adjustment on her hips that made the baby turn....I don't know much about chiropractors but thought I'd mention it. Goodluck.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

There are risks to having an aversion done.....onset of labor, premature rupture of membranes, fetal distress, need of an emergency c-section, damage to the placenta. The risk is very minor though and since this isn't usually done before 37 weeks, it really doesn't pose much threat since the baby is almost term.

There is only about a 60-70% success rate with this as well.

Prior to the procedure, an ultrasound will be done to confirm the position of the baby and the placenta. A nonstress test usually is done as well to make sure the baby's heart rate is normal. Meds are given to relax the uterus and in some cases an epidural can be administered. The doctor will then place his hands on your abdomen, locate the baby's parts, and gently push the baby's bottom out of your pelvis. The doctor then tries to maneuver the baby so that the head will enter the pelvis.

After the procedure another nonstress test would most likely be performed to again check the baby. If unsuccessful, another attempt could be made at a later date, or you could just opt for a c-section. If successful and everything looks ok (no distress or anything of that nature) you would be able to go home and wait for labor to begin. Even if successful, there is always that chance that it could revert back to breech as well..........but I wouldn't think that happens to often.

I myself have not had this done so I cannot tell you of my personal experience with it. I do know of a few people that have had this done and I have also witnessed it (I am a nursing student specializing in labor and delivery) and there is a level of discomfort and the people that I know and the times I've seen it done have been a success.

Good luck.

Closed Thread