It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 11:43 PM   #1

alwysasweetie21 HB User
Scared ....NOT SURE...NEED INPUT!

Ok...now I have done some research on the web about symptoms of pregnancy...and I am scared because I seem to have quite a few.
I am hoping it is just because its almost time for my period, but my breast and nipple tenderness is not normal for me, I rarely if ever get that around my period. I also have been going to the bathroom..#1 much more lately. No morning sickness or anything like that, but I have also noticed me being rather tired lately, and with out really doing very much.
The last time I had sex was just this past weekend, although before that it was 4 or 5 weeks. Now I also had a period last month, or so I think, I mean it wasn't as heavy as normal, and didn't last as long, and I heard you can still bleed even if you are pregnant...my mother said she did for the first few months!!
I don't really need to be pregnant, I am just at the breaking point with my bf(if you read the relationship boards you will know whats going on! )

So I would just like to hear from other women on this that have experience and have been pregnant before....and also when should I test myself, should I wait to see if I have a period, and if I do, how do I know its really a period!!???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 12:54 AM   #2
(female)

Sliminside HB User
Re: Scared ....NOT SURE...NEED INPUT!

Hi there first try and calm down, when i was trying to conceive my 2nd child which was over the past few months (i`m now pregnant) i imagined that i was pregnant every month, the symptoms for your period are so alike that of being pregnant, i also had a bleed with my first baby but not this time round, I think the best thing to do is to wait till the day your period is due and do a test then or you can buy an early responce test (you`d need to check the pack for just how early you can use it). Your body changes all the time so you could also just be seeing a change that way not a pregnancy, but let us know how you get on. Best of Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 12:56 AM   #3
(female)

PCY HB User

Hi there,

Needing the loo more often was my first sign of pregnancy however I'd had those symptoms before and NOT been pregnant so I wouldn't panic just yet.

More specifically I felt like something was pressing down on my bladder. I did a test when my period was a few days late but it was negative and I convinced myself I wasn't pregnant. However a week later the 'needing a wee' symptoms hadn't gone so I did another test which proved positive. At that stage I was four weeks pregnant.

I think there are more sensitive tests you can do which can pick up pregnancy earlier so if you're really worried why not go and talk to your local pharmacist?

I'm now eight weeks pregnant and I'm only just starting to feel very slight nausea. I still don't have sore nipples.

Hope that's a little helpful - and good luck for a negative result!!!

Px

Old 03-16-2005, 03:40 AM   #4
(female)

youngmommy HB User

wow, i wish my signs of pregnancy were so subtle... im only 8 weeks (i had thought before i was at least 10) and my boobs have already doubled in size, and they hurt like crazy!
that was my first sign, my boobs feeling swollen and hurting. i am pretty sure there are some preg tests for use 4 days before your period is due. EPT is one of them, i think there are a few more available over the counter...
the accuracy of those tests though gets better the closer you are to your period's due date.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:21 PM   #5

alwysasweetie21 HB User

Thank you all for your advice and input....I appreciate it!
My period is due around the 18th, so I think I will probably go and get a HPT around then, to just make sure.
I am really hoping its just PMS symptoms, but i guess you never know. So I will keep updated after I take the test

Closed Thread