It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 05:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
A Thankyou to everyone....

I just wanted to thank everyone for their suport durring the last 9 months, heck, even before that. I guess I should thank everyone for the past year! I go in tonight to start the induction. I have to say that I am so very very nervous. As the time has been drawing near I have been remembering things from my last L&D that I would rather not remember. (I was the one with the very horrific experience) It is really funny how your mind works. I am taking these memories in the most positive form I possibly can, to be better prepared and to be way more aggresive with my own health care and well-being. Still, I can't help but wonder what rock there is that I have left unturned.

To all those other Mommies that read the month clubs ahead of you.... I have done the same thing. December Moms, January, Febuary....... I have read all the birth stories and put them away in my mind as something to look forward to, something to believe in. and you know what? the fact that my time is here is amazing. Time will play tricks on you. I don't know if any of you are "nesting" but good lord! I have been cleaning since December! Just make sure you take time to cherish all of this, the good and the bad. We as women are so amazing, don't doubt your ability to do this! (easier said than done eh?)

And to the amazing ladies on here that I call my friends. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for being in the same boat as me. I thank you for being hormonal, big as a house, scared, irritated, uncomfortable, worried, happy, elated, productive and confident. The fact that I was able to go through this with you has really made all the difference.

And to everyone else....
The only thing that I can say is that after reading pretty much every post on here for over a year....this is what I have learned: Don't rely on the internet in ANY form to answer questions for you. Call the doctor 50x a day if you have to. Go to the doctor if you feel something isn't right. If you don't like how your healthcare is going, fire that doctor and find one you trust, or get a 2nd opinion. You have to be your babies advocate from the get go.
And last but not least.... the mental side of things. I don't know any pregnant woman who hasn't had fears of their ability. I have thought, 'OMG how am I going to do this, I can't........I don't have the strength to be a new mother again......I don't even know if this is really what I want.....'
This is normal. Talk about it. Get more aggressive help if you need, but don't bottle it in. You show more strength in admitting a weakness than pretending it isn't there.

I love all of you...
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 05:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: A Thankyou to everyone....

You have been a huge help and inspiration to me. You will do just fine tonight. They say it's easier the 2nd time around, or at least that's what I'm hoping for. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Post when you can and let us know about your experience.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Good Luck, you will do great! What a wonderful post.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:39 AM   #4
(female)

tomatoes49 HB User

good luck, and i'm with dizzy great post

Old 03-16-2005, 07:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

good luck, read many great things from you and shared experiences even though I only started here in January. Looking forward to your after post about your experience. Hope all goes well for you. god bless

Old 03-16-2005, 08:47 AM   #6
(female)

Breez HB User

I wish you lots of luck and a VERY happy birth experiance. Can't wait to hear your story!

Old 03-16-2005, 08:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Good luck and I am sure everything will go great. Have a great delivery!

Old 03-16-2005, 09:14 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Good Luck, Good Luck, Good Luck, i hope all goes well for you

Old 03-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Geez, you know how to make a hormonal pregnant woman cry! LOL. Goodluck hun, I'm sure this birth experience will be everything you hope for. I'll be watching for your post about how it all went and all the baby details. Best wishes.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Good Luck! I will be praying for you!

Old 03-16-2005, 09:09 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

well, i am still at home. they have no beds for me. i have called them 4 times now and they keep saying to call back in an hour. wow huh? it makes me really mad because everyone has taken off all this time to help me out and has been scrambling to get everything done, and now nothing. at this rate i won't get in at all!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2005, 09:18 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

First of all, I want to say congratulations because whether or not you go in tonight, you are close.

Second of all, I understand your situation because my mother works at a hospital and has been trying to get me in for weeks. I was supposed to have a sonogram done by her friends (since it would be for free) except there haven't been any open beds. This is a terrible time of the year because hospitals are extremely crowded. Some nights my mother walks back and forth in front of the E.R, wishing she could help. The last time I went to the hospital with her, they had people covered in blankets (as if they were dead) lying on the couches in the waiting room. It's sad.

Closed Thread