It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 07:10 AM   #1
(female)

Florida77 HB User
When did you first start to show?

When did you all first start to show where other people might have been able to notice? I am very thin and read that the thinner you are the earlier you show since there is a lack of body fat to hide it. I just wanted to know if this is true and how long I will be able to keep it a secret (at least until I am three month pregnant). Thanks for your replies.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Re: When did you first start to show?

I think everybody is different. I am currently 13 weeks and have not shown at all, although I know its still early. I was only 93-95lbs before I got pregnant and I still don't really show. I've gained some weight so people can tell that something is up but I certainly don't have a belly at all. For me it's all in my chest and thighs which is funny because when I normally gained weight the first place it went to was my belly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I think the whole showing sooner really doesn't hold true with how much you weight ALL the time.

At conception I was 5'7 and 115lbs....I didn't show to 'outsiders' til about 27 weeks.

And at 3 months for me you definately could not tell!......But everyone is different!

Old 03-16-2005, 07:39 AM   #4
(female)

Florida77 HB User

Dakota - WOW! I can't believe you didn't show until 27 weeks! That is amazing. You must be sooo tiny. How much weight have you gained?

Old 03-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #5
(female)

malizoom HB User

i'm thirteen weeks and still...nothing.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:02 AM   #6
(female)

tomuchbagange HB User

Im at 24 weeks and I can tell my belly is bigger but no one can tell or would guess that im pregnant. I have gained 7lbs so far. Everyone is different. It all depends on how you carry your baby. It may depend on what you weigh now. I mean if you are small then you will be able to tell im sure but maybe not everyone else will.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #7

Maxx09 HB User

Well all you skinny people!! I am 10 weeks with my third child and already have a round protruding belly! I think its because I have had previous children. They say you get bigger with each one. I gained 50 pounds with each pregnancy and I will not be shocked if that is what I gain with this one.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
(female)

curlyQ's HB User

I'm 5'7 and was about 123 when I got pg. I started to show around 14 weeks where people noticed and said something (however, I had already told work at around 12 wks and bought a few maternity clothes). The maternity clothes are definately a giveaway!

I think if you don't say anything and just wear normal clothes they don't notice as quickly. I couldn't keep it inside (my news) any longer.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I'm 16 1/2 weeks and I am definately showing...My belly button is flat and within the next week or so will be an outie! I'm having baby #2 and definately agree that you show sooner with second or more babies. I had a coworker that was about 4 or 5 months pregnant when she finally told people she was pregnant, she was a tiny girl to start with, probably size 1 or 2, and after the fact I could see a littlt bulge but nowhere near what I was at that stage, to me she just looked bloated.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I am short, but I was alittle overweight to start. But the first person said somethign to be the other day, at 25 weeks and 5 days! I was excited! I think the reason I don't relaly look as pregnant as other women, is that my breasts are so darn big they overshadow everything! My belly button still isn't flat, I am very sad about that! They measured me at the Dr. and I measured two days ahead. I just wish I was all round!

Old 03-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida77
Dakota - WOW! I can't believe you didn't show until 27 weeks! That is amazing. You must be sooo tiny. How much weight have you gained?
Well if you count the weight I lost.....LOL (First trimester was BAD).....35lbs....I'm up to 146 right now and I'm at 38w 2d.

Also depends on how you carry as to how you show as well.....Most people would never guess I've gained as much as I have...

Old 03-17-2005, 05:26 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Oh my gosh...This is my first kid...I'm in my 14th week, and have been showing for others to notice for about 2 weeks now. I've been in the early maternity pants for over a month. My stomach sticks out far enough now that I cannot wear my own shirts. Maternity tops are being purchased weekly.
Gayle

Old 03-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #13
(female)

Mmshelll HB User

Gayle0000 - I'm there w/ya' I am almost in my 16th week and gained about 15 pounds - mostly in the 1st trimester. Could have been due to my fertility meds, but either way haven't fit into regular clothes in months - maternity shirts don't fit right yet, but the pants are great. Best wishes to you all : )

Old 03-19-2005, 03:09 PM   #14
(female)

KaitlynsMomie HB User

Hey THere! With my daughter Kaitlyn Iwas nearly 6 1/2 months before I started to show, before I got pregnant I weighed 93 pounds, and I am about 5'5 just to give you an idea. I think it varies for all people, but good luck,this time I weigh about 100 and am 3 weeks, I notice a slight difference already, like this one will be the one! Good luck with everything I want to keep it shush till about 3 months too, when it comes to friends and family, right now is me and my boyfriends special time knowing, and hoping things work out, well I hope they do anyhow! Have a great pregnancy, congrats!
KaitlynsMomie

Old 03-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

I'm 18w2d and have only gained 2lbs and not quite showing...only my hubby can tell. I can still wear regular clothes..but have bought some maternity pants and shirts. I'm 5'10 and average. (meaning not thin at all but not quite fat )
This is my first healthy pregnancy so far....I had a m/c last year.
I know some people who have gained lot's by now too and were starting to really show.
I agree with everybody else that everyone is different. I know I can't wait to be able to show the world that i'm carrying a little baby!
Hope your pregnancies go super duper well!
S

Closed Thread