It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Norethisterone, 16dpo and ex depo user!

Please can someone help me, i am unsure if this is the right place to post my question but i am about to tear my hair out.

Heres the story (in short!)
I was on depo from September 1998 to March 2004, I have not had af since day of starting depo up to today. My doctor sent me to the gynecologist as we have been ttc for a year and nothing - but no surprise due to depo, gyne put me on 5mg 3 x a day of Norethisterone for 2 weeks and then said it would start af, my last tablet was Mon just gone and still no af, early days though!

I take my temp each morning at 6am and record it on my chart, since the 1st of March my temps have been above my cover line, so now thats 16 days solid and my chart says im 16dpo, i have tested twice, 1st time last friday (poss too early) and again today and both were -ve i know i should wait until 18dpo but i couldnt wait anymore!

I suspect that because its -ve af will arrive soon, i understand that my temps will drop below my cover line when af is due.

I really want to know if anyone has been on this drug and got pregnant?

Can the depo still stop af even though these tablets are meant to work?

And if anyone can give me any helpful advise as how to not get so obsessed and not get my hopes up that would be great!

I am going mad here watching my temps rise and then get a bfn.

Any help and or advise would be appreciated and appologies if i have posted on the wrong board

Last edited by sammieP; 03-16-2005 at 10:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: Norethisterone, 16dpo and ex depo user!

I rang the gyne today who said that he will see me in 2 weeks if i havent bled, (meaning af) If i am pregnant which i doubt but if i am due to 17 high temps above my cover line then where do we go from, what could the drug have done to the fetus? (sp?)

Old 03-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: Norethisterone, 16dpo and ex depo user!

No panic now, af came this morning so thats a relief, now all i can do is wait to ovulate and start bd'ing.

Thankyou to those of you who read my post, i understand its a difficult question to answer, i hope to be on the pregnancy boards some time this year. Good luck to you all

Closed Thread