It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User
Kicking in the ribs

When people talk about being kicked in the ribs, where are they feeling the kicking? My baby's feet are on the outside of my ribs. He can literallly push his feet against the underwire of my bra. If I go to feel my ribs I can feel his little feet and legs. Is this normal? I thought that they would be more to the inside. I have a very short turso so from right under my breasts all the way down I have a very round baby belly. The other day I leaned over just a little and the underwire of my bra slightly squeezed his foot against my ribs. He doesn't always keep his feet there mostly when he decides to try to stretch all the way out. I am 28 wks along.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
(female)

LVNMYLIFE HB User
Talking Re: Kicking in the ribs

LOL!!! Sorry, it just sounds so crazy doesn't it? I would eliminate the wire bras at this point... no need go to a nice comfy sports bra with a lot of support, sleep in it too, it helps to prevent sagging in the future... but the kicking is totally normal, the baby really isn't "under" that much stuff so things seem very close to the surface.. I almost feel as if I could grab her little foot if I wanted to at times... Have fun, it is such a wonderful experience!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Kicking in the ribs

I think it is normal, i just kicked up high for the first time! But my Mom was tellign me that when she was pregnant with my sis that she would lay her foot up against my Mom's ribs and just push and push, and she could see the outline of her foot! My Mom said that she would just sort of push at my sister's foot till it moved down some!

Old 03-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

I can SOOO relate to this!!! Isaiah LOVED to put his foot in my ribs, and this baby is doing it just as well! To me it feels like his foot is between my ribs, like he is hanging upside down from it. Sometimes it takes my breath away and I have to push him down. I have to be careful how hard I push, because sometimes I push him right down into my bladder and almost pee my pants. I can feel his body when I push, and sometimes he doesn't want to go. Tonight we were at a restaurant and I had to sit with my hand balled up in a fist "blocking" him from getting up there. He was pretty determined, but I won....for a minute. As soon as I moved my hand, he was right back there. My OB told me (with my first) that they like the warmth of your liver and that's why they gravitate there. I suppose my bladder is quite warm when it's full as well, since he likes it there occasionally!
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 03-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

Thanks for the responses. I have pushed him down and I send him right into my bladder! I was thinking that I probably shoulg get rid of the under wire bras. I found these great bras @ bellybra.com. They are bras and stomache support. Almost like a tank top. Might be a little warm in the summer but I think I am going to order one.

Old 03-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
(female)

KaitlynsMomie HB User

When I was pregnant with Kaitlyn she always did that. She was constantly turning and pushing, and I loved it, to me she was saying, Hey mom, I'm fine down here, and just giving me a hug from the inside out. My classmates liked it also, they thought seeing her wiggle around was the funniest and coolest thing ever! So enjoy it while it lasts!

Closed Thread