It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Update- delayed induction!! :(

Just a quick update: babies' L/S ratios (the lung maturity test) were 2.0 and 1.8- doctors think the 1.8 is low enough that they've decided to wait another week!

We're really disappointed that it's not today and we won't end up with St. Patty's Day babies, but their health is the most important thing. So now it's just wait wait wait. I'm scheduled for next Tuesday from 6am-noon. This is a sure thing- they're not going to repeat the amnio, they're just going to induce.

I'm going for a pre-natal massage tomorrow, and if it helps get the swelling down then I think I'll go for another on Monday. I'm worth it! Friday I have an dr. appointment to have the babies monitored (NST), so really, the time will go by very quickly because I have something scheduled for almost every day.

In the meantime, please hope and pray that I go into labor naturally! I really want these babies to be born!!!

Thank you so much for all your support! I just can't believe I have to strt my countdown over again!!!

Old 03-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Update- delayed induction!! :(

Well I will keep praying for you! Hopefully you will get to do it the natural way, but all that matters is that those little babies are safe!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 05:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I know you are miserable, but it's only one more week, not even a week. You can make it! Hang in there!

Old 03-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #4

Maxx09 HB User

I will keep you in my prayers! I'm sure everything is going to be for the best. You are right the babies health is the most important thing. Good luck!!!

Old 03-17-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Five days left! I can't believe I have to have five days left again! I've already been through this "five days left" nonsense. It's weird, because I was so prepared for the babies to come, there is just nothing to do. I don't get around very well, everything is prepared, their crib is set up, their clothes are washed, their room is ready... I just feel like I'm in this no-man's-land of time. If I try to fill the next few days with just tv I'll go crazy!

Thankfully, my mom is in town to help with the babies, but even though they're not here yet she's decided to stay and keep me company. That will help a lot.

If anyone can think of a great way to pass the next 5 days, please let me know!

Old 03-17-2005, 08:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

Hi Lawgirl..........not too much longer and you'll have your little guys in your arms. Best wishes to you!!!

Old 03-18-2005, 09:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I was just on here to see if you posted your birth story, but I guess I'll have to wait until next week, it will go quick enough I guess. As for passing time, I had a friend on bed rest once, she reorganized all her photo's from shoeboxes into photoalbums....may pass some of your time and be fun to remember some of those memories. Goodluck with everything hun, can't wait to hear all about it. Take care.

Old 03-25-2005, 07:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

Hey i also came to see your birth story!!! i guess i was away when you posted this. hope you are doing ok now. please post when you can!!!!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Hi! Babies are here. I'm dying for a nap, so I'll try to keep this short.

Scheduled to be induced 3/22, but had NST on 3/18. My swelling was worse, and bp was slightly up, so they decided that that day was as good a day as any.

Straight to the hospital, more monitoring, a few blood tests, doctors officially decided it was a go. Pitocin started at about 5:30, broke my water at about 6:15. I got the epidural around 8:00 or so. It took me 4 hours to go from 3cm to 5cm. I decided since it was such slow going, dh and I should try to get some rest. About 40 minutes later I woke up moaning and nauseated and learned I was complete! We had to wait about 45 minutes for my doctor to finish with another patient, then I was wheeled into the OR (they like to deliver twins in the OR, just in case of an emergency).

The atmosphere was like a circus. As the nurse pushe me into the OR, she ran into a nurse she knew and asked "Are you here to see the twins?" The other nurse replied "Yeah- I've never seen twins delivered before!" So apparently I was a novelty! There were 14 people in the OR, not counting me and dh.

The nurses started me pushing befoer the doctors got there, and suddenly Jack's heartrate dropped REALLY low- like to the 50s. They put me on my side, gave me oxygen, and told the doctors to get there fast. The oxygen helped, but they were still eager to get Jack out. I pushed for about 10 minutes, and with the help of the vacuum, forceps and an episiotomy, Jack was born at 12:55am, 3/19. He weighed 4lbs 11oz. His breathing was a little fast and his color was alarming, so I got to have quick snuggle and he was taken to the NICU. They worked on him in the room, though, for the entire time I pushed with Max before they took him.

I don't know why they were so hurried to get Max out- his heartrate was never problematic, but he got the vacuum/forceps treatment as well. He was born at 1:10am, weighing 4lbs 15oz.

Dad went wth the babies while I got stitched up. The anesthesiologist told me afterwards that they turned the epi off so I could push better , but then he turned it back up for the stitching.

I shook like MAD right after, and then had horrible horrible contractions, so they gave me morphine in my IV (to stop the shaking) and Tylenol 3 by mouth (for the contractions). Dh and my folks went home around 3:30, because I was so sleepy and somewhat incoherent.

At 4am the nurses wheeled me to see baby Jack, then to pick up Max. They took Max and me to a recovery room, where we stayed until Monday afternoon. Max started nursing immediately that night, and has been doing well at it ever since. Jack was moved to the Intermediate Care nursery later that morning, and we were able to visit him. He took all his nutrition by an iv in his scalp for the firt day, but by Sunday I was able to nurse him. His first meal by mouth was colostrum from the breast, so I feel really good about that.

Both babies were able to come home with us, and have nursed exclusively since then. We're doing well, but the doctors are still a little concerned about their weight gain and bili levels. Jack is over his birth weight, and Max is still 2 oz shy of where he started. So I'm "force-feeding" them by breast about every 2 hours. We have a weigh-in appointment on Tuesday, so I'm hoping to see some improvement.

I was sore for a few days, but by 5 days post-partum, I can honestly say my whole body felt better than how I felt for the last few weeks of the pregnancy. I didn't even realize quite how uncomfortable I was until I started to feel better. I'm not taking any pain meds for the episiotomy, and the strongest thing I ever took was 2 ibuprofin a few times a day. All in all, I feel pretty good, and I'm happy I was able to carry them so far.

That's our story! Thanks for checking on us!

Old 03-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

How wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for you, I have been reading all about you the last couple of months and feel I know you! I am so happy and releived that the boys are doing well. Keep us posted on their progress.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Congratulations! Sounds like you are all doing well. Take care!

Old 03-27-2005, 03:58 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so happy that everything went as well as it did and the boys are home sweet home already! The little guys came on my birthday too! Hope you are getting lots of help and getting rest whenever you can, take care.

Old 03-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

wonderful story hun!!! congrats to you and you whole family. i hope that you can post about your experience with twins in the infant care board.
i am surprised as well that they got max out so fast, my only thinking is that because they shared the placenta, the body could have tried to pass it before max was out rather than realize there was still a baby in there. i am very curious to know how you are doing with breast feeding (i have had some problems) and the whole dynamics of twins. we almost had our babies on the same day! anyway, hang in there and oh yeah--- you are super woman for so little pain medication!

one more thing... how does your belly look? i look about 4-5 months preggo still and it is fairly hard. i haven't even gone out in public yet. i was just so huge and i imagine you were too with your 2 boys. talk with you soon...
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2005, 06:05 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Congratulations! I am amazed that yo were able to deliver both twins vaginally. I'm glad they are both home and that you are all doing well. Congratulations, again!

Old 03-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

congrats, I am really happy for you. and even more so that they were able to come home so soon. how are twins lol. I wanted to have twins, but no such luck. good luck.

Closed Thread