It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

kellic2000 HB User
More tests and appointments...

Well, some of you might remember that I posted earlier about thinking I might be pg but had gotten negative urine and blood tests, even though a/f is 3 months late now, I've gained weight, tired, nauseous, bloated belly etc. My mother and sister both said they had negtive urine and blood tests with their first pregnancies, so makes me wonder if maybe that's what's happening here. My Dr. didn't think so, but ordered a big panel of blood tests and I go in for ultrasounds on Monday. They took like 8 vials of blood, I'm surprised I had any left LOL. I'm anxious for Monday to find out what is going on. Does the ultrasound tech normally tell you anything or do you have to wait till they send the results to the Dr. to find out?

Old 03-17-2005, 12:04 PM   #2
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Re: More tests and appointments...

The tech should tell you what you're looking at, since the screen will be right next to you - if you are preg, you'll definitely be able to see it if your period is already 3 months late.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: More tests and appointments...

The tech won't tell you if there is a detected problem, but they can tell you whether or not there is a baby in there and what they are looking at. You can ask them when your doctor will get the results and you may want to call your doctor to follow up.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
(female)

LindsayO23 HB User
I am going through the same thing!! Right now!

Hey kellic2000!

My name is Lindsay. Please do not think you are crazy! I am going through the same thing right now.I went for a urine test at the doctor and it was negative. So I called my doctor back and told her I am gaing weight esp. in the tummy. I have a feeling i might be further along like 2 or three months. I did have my period 2 months ago but the last one was very lite. So anyways i went in this morning for a blood test and it also came back negative. I know i am pregnant. my belly is getting bigger and i am not the type to just gain weight there. I also felt the flutter mostly at night. So I am going to go back in for a pap and ultra sound. I really don't understand this? At least there is someone who is going through the same thing. I thought I was crazy. Please e-mail me! I would love to hear more.

[ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

Lindsay

Last edited by moderator2; 03-18-2005 at 06:04 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Old 03-19-2005, 05:50 AM   #5
(female)

kellic2000 HB User
thanks lindsay

Glad to hear I'm not alone here Lindsay. I've noticed changes in my breasts now too in the last few days. They are darkening and larger in the aereolas, not reals sensitive though, but also they are filling out around the nipple, where it used to be kind of a flat spot where the nipple sat, it is getting pointier out to the nipple. I've had light spotting the last 3 days in the mornings, thought maybe I was losing my mind and that I was getting a/f finally, but it is just enough to notice pink on the TP after I pee in the morning, then it goes away. I'm still feeling something moving around in there, and am tired all the time, belly is still all bloaty, and I can only eat a little meal at a time now and sometimes don't feel like eating at all. I had a dream the other night that I went for the ultrasound, and the tech put the scope thing in there and right away there was a little face there, then it turned and she said we were having a boy. I'm gonna be totally freaked if that happens now My Mom and sister who both hed negative urine and blood tests with their first pregnancies, both also had boys. Sis says with her 2nd (a girl) that she got a positive HPT right away. MOnday will tell if I'm really p/g or I've totally lost my mind.

Closed Thread