It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 01:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Question Need a little advice please :)

Hi everyone! I have only posted once on this site but I'm always on reading other posts. Well my husband and I have been TTC for quite a while now. There has only been one other time throughout these months that I actually thought I was pregnant(in November/December) and it turned out I wasnt.
Well febuary was the first month we tried while charting my temps. I normally have a 32-34 day cycle and am now on day 37. on monday (day 34) in the evening I started getting cramps like I was going to start my period. It only happened slightly that night. And then stopped. well on tuesday i had those cramps maybe 3 times off and on throughout the day and extremly low back pain throughout the whole day. I thought for sure I was going to start either Tuesday night or wednesay morning. but i didnt. yesterday my back didnt hurt at all and i still get those cramps every once in a while but not like on Tuesday.My breasts are sore and swollen but they always are before a period. the only difference is that my nipples are very sensitive and I have been feeling nauseous for the last week and a half which is not normal for me. Im scared to take a test and find a BFN. I'm trying not to stress about it b/c i dont want to think of all these symptoms and then find it was only in my head. Did anyone have these periodlike cramps and backpain only to find they were pregnant afterall? Can you please describe them? Im sorry for the long long post and thanks for any advice anyone has.

thank you so much and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User
Re: Need a little advice please :)

Hi there, I had period like cramps for the first 2 months and now at 7 months they are back again. In the begining I thought that the test was wrong because I had cramps so bad I swore I was about to start. GoodLuck and try not to stress.
Jen

Last edited by jenn.e; 03-17-2005 at 01:23 PM.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

Those cramps happen when you are pregnant too, just like period cramps! very normal in pregnancy. Many women get a lot of their period symtoms and find out they are pregnant. I had cramps a lot still and i am 13 weeks pregnant, i still get them i also get a small twitchy pain down there too.
I was tired had sore boobs and i knew i was pregnant! had something tell me in my head and i did question it as i thought i wasnt lucky enough in life to get pregnant the first time i tried! but i was! and for once lately life was treating me kindly!! so it can do that to u too!
So if u feel u r pregnant then do a test! i know it may be fustrating if it was neg but its the only way to find out!
hope its pos! good luck!!

Old 03-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

Hi guys and thank you so much for replying. I totally feel like crying because I really don't want to get my hopes up yet. I will probably wait a couple more days and if I don't start I will go ahead and take one. thanks and I'll let you know what happens either way!!

Old 03-17-2005, 03:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

I had the same thing. I thought for sure i was getting ready to have my period. I had all the syptoms of that. I was really pregnant. I know its hard not to get your hopes up. I took test after test for a few months and all neg. So when i took the test that finally said pos. i thought i was seeing things. It really didn't take us that long to get pregnant. I just felt like forever. My doctor told us not to get concerned it usually takes the avg. women 1 year to get pregnant. I wish the best for you. These could be pregnancy signs too.

Old 03-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

kelly0223 HB User

Hi-
I just posted a new thread about how I can't get pregnant because of reasons and If you can read it I'd appreciate it. Well, If I were you Id wait about 2-4 days to see if your period will come and if it doesnt I wouldn't hesitate one more minute to find out! If you are so anxious to have a baby why wouldn't you want to find out? If it comes out negative then dont stress. I know this can be depressing and stressful but it takes time. I hope you are. Good luck and dont worry.

Old 03-18-2005, 03:52 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

I took a test 2 days before my period was due and it come up clear as day light

Old 03-18-2005, 04:18 AM   #8
(female)

Tash16 HB User

Hiya, i got period like cramps and my nipples became sensitive 2. Another sign i had was mornin sickness, i was never sick in the mornin before and it jus came on all of a sudden. I waited til 5 days after my period was due and took a test, a faint line came up but i wasnt quite sure whether to believe i was pregnant or not and whether the test had worked cause it was a really cheap test i jus picked up. I went to the doctors 2 days after this, i had blood taken and gave a urine sample and they came back 100% pregnant. If you do take a test and it still comes back negative, dont get yourself down about it, i have heard loads of people post things on here sayin they took about 3 tests one after another or so until they actually got a positive one. I wish you good luck xx

Old 03-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #9
(female)

RebbieO HB User

Take the test, Steph! You've got nothing to lose.

I went through more or less the same doubts as you and got a positive test (BFP? I'm new to this!) the first time I did one. I had irregular periods and had been trying to get PG for almost 4 years. On the 36th day of my cycle I went out and bought a First Response pregnancy test. I'm sure they're all fairly similar but this one was on special offer at Boots and it said it could predict a pregnancy about 4 days before your period was due. On my way home from work I told my husband I'd bought one and then told him it probably would be negative cause I was sure my AF was going to start because of all the pre-menstrual sysmptoms I had been having. I managed to convince him it would be negative even though he had been suspecting for the past few days that I might be pregnant because I'd gone past the date my period usually started (it could be anything from 28 days to 38 days).

Needless to say, the result was positive, and now I'm 13 weeks gone and looking forward to becoming a mum in September.

Rebbie (the O's just cause someone else called Rebbie has registered)

x

PS - Good luck!

Last edited by RebbieO; 03-18-2005 at 09:16 AM.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

Thanks so much you guys for the feedback. You guys are awesome. well still no af and the cramps arent as bad nor do they come as often as they did on monday or tuesday. in fact i only had one cramp this morning and that was it. I do agree that if i think about it they usually happen so i have been trying not to I figure if I dont start by Sunday/Monday I will take a test. It's not that I dont want to find out because I would really love to have a baby right now. its just that I am scared to take it and to see another negative and then realize that its all in my head and my body is always against me. Sometime for no apparent reason since i have been to doctors who say nothing is wrong with me i feel that i wont be able to get pregnant. i dont know why but i always think that even when i am ttc. its so horrible so i try to push it off and thats why i dont want to see a BFN again.
Well thanks so much and good luck guys. I guess I'll let ya know...............*fingers crossed*..................
------------------------------------------Steph!----------------------------

Old 03-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #11
(female)

RebbieO HB User

Any news yet, Steph?

Closed Thread