It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
Question Braxton Hicks????

Hi Gals,

I am wondering if what I am experiencing might be Braxton Hicks contractions. Usually in the evening, my stomach either just above or below my belly buttom gets hard and somewhat painful. The pain feels really close to the surface of the skin and it almost hurts to touch it. This is my most tired time of the day. If I lie down for a while or take a warm (not hot!) bath, it gets better and definitely goes away by the end of the day.

Any ideas?

-Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
(female)

taberlan HB User
Re: Braxton Hicks????

yes that is what it sounds like, they usually start after 20weeks and last up untill the baby is born, they are usually worse when you are tired. But if they become stronger or you have more than 5 a hour call your doctor..
how far are you? I am 35 weeks and have been having them for the last 12 weeks or so, I usually have 2 a hour.
is this your first?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
(female)

Tash16 HB User

Hiya, Im 23+2weeks pregnant and i have been getting braxton hicks since i was 19weeks pregnant. I usually get them every 40mins approx and they last for anythin upto 10mins sometimes. I also found that havin a warm bath eased the pain so you are more than likely experiencin braxton hicks.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Thanks,

I am 24 weeks tomorrow (3/19). The reason I didn't really know if it might be Braxton Hicks is because I wasn't sure if you could get them above the belly button. I must admit I am woefully ignorant of just how far up the uterus is.

-J

Old 03-18-2005, 06:48 AM   #5
(female)

curious1979 HB User

I know Braxton Hicks all too well...the tightening right above your belly button. I am 34 wks, and last night...I had them on and off for 2 hours! They were a little uncomfortable but not painful at all. They stopped once I layed on my side. Like the other posters said, they will last until baby is born. They are just to prepare you for the actual thing.

Closed Thread