It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #1

McAlynnToBe HB User
Exclamation Please help me...2month old may have perioral ecchymosis

I took my baby girl to the doctor today, and they scheduled an echo for Wednesday. They said that she may have perioral ecchymosis...They didnt really give me that much information about it, they just told me to watch for trouble breatheing and blueness. It's really bothering me and I cant find anything over the internet about it. Can someone please inform me about this...What can it do? Is is fatal?? Help please.

McAlynn's Mom

Old 03-17-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
(female)

taberlan HB User
Re: Please help me...2month old may have perioral ecchymosis

You need to post this on childrens health board, maybe someone there knows more. perioral means occuring around the mouth and ecchymosis means a small irregular blue or purplish patch. I would need more info to find out anything else. but if it was life threatening I don't think the doctor would send her home. If you want to you can try to think of anything else the doctor told you that might help me find something else. But as it goes I am lost....but do post on the children's health board, I am sure someone there might help you.....sorry I couldn't offer much help...
If he found a blue patch around her mouth he probably wants to make sure it isn't heart related, and untill then wants you just to keep an eye on her for breathing problems, but for the time being he is more or less calling it a dermatology problem untill further test are done. he is I guess more or less calling it a bluish spot or coloring that needs to be investigated further..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread