It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

Location: Originaly from Colorado, have lived in Nevada for 10 years
Cara_Bella HB User
SO want to have a baby

I really want to have another baby but right now i cannot find any medical insurance. The insurance at my husbands job is $600 a month (we cannot afford that). Also we do not qualify for gov. help. Any one have any suggestions. Also i have panic attacks and im really afraid to go off my xanax. Has anyone been through pregnancy with panic attacks. I need some help. We thought i was pregnant and i took a test and im not and he was so sad. I want to give him another child. Help.

Jennifer

Old 03-17-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
Inactive

yamamama HB User
Re: SO want to have a baby

The insurance thing is tricky. I dont have any suggestions for that.Are you elegible for medicaid or cobra? I think that no pregnant woman can be denied medicaid...but I am not really sure,this is just from heresay. But, I was taking xanax before I became pregnant and stopped before I became pregnant. My doctor did tell me I could continue taking it...that it was better than the alternative. For my own personal reason I did not want to take it while pregnant. I did not take it directly for panic attacks,but more to help me deal with stressful situations. I have had one panic attack while pregnant,and it was a really bad one. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital because I couldnt stop myself and could barely breathe,my face going numb. You can ask you doctor what grade the xanax is in if it helps you feel more comfortable with taking it. I dont know,but mine did tell me it was okay to take while pregnant(of course it is not an "A" only prenatal vitamins and tylenol I think are an "A" during pregnancy).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
(female)

Location: Originaly from Colorado, have lived in Nevada for 10 years
Cara_Bella HB User

Thank you, i only take the xanax once a day and its a real low dosage. So i should be ok. As far as the insurance i have called and asked and i wouldnt qualify. I sure hope we can do something.

Jennifer

Old 03-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
(female)

Sarahj HB User

[QUOTE=Emily'smama]The insurance thing is tricky. I dont have any suggestions for that.Are you elegible for medicaid or cobra? I think that no pregnant woman can be denied medicaid...but I am not really sure,this is just from heresay.

Actually, I was denied Medicaid...plus...your boyfriend will be held liable for all heath care costs. The govt will not pay if they can garnish his paychecks. My boyfriend and I had that issue. I am on COBRA but it is pricey. Luckily I have a good temp job right now. Also....some temp agencies offer health care so you may check into getting a job at one of those.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Dear Cara,

I don't know where you live but if there is a Family Planning or Planned Parenthood clinic near you, you could use them. After I graduated from college, I used my local Planned Parenthood not because I didn't have insurance but because I liked the nurses, doctors, and nurse practicioners there much better than I did in a "regular" gynecologist's office. They provide good medical care on a sliding scale.

Best of luck.

-Jen

Closed Thread