It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
(female)

pregogirl HB User
Fibroids during pregnancy?? I'm worried!!!

Hi! I am 3 months pregnant and just found out that a have a fairly large fibroid in the pelvic area. If it doesn't move out of the baby's way, I'll have to get a c. section. This really worries me. I wanted to know if anyone else has been in a similiar situation and how the delivery went.

Thank you! Pregogirl

Old 03-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
(female)

taberlan HB User
Re: Fibroids during pregnancy?? I'm worried!!!

most women with fibroids can go to full term with no problem.
however sometimes they can increase risk of miscarriage, cause placenta previa, premature labor and other complications. I am sure you will be monitored closely to make sure none of this happens. I have a fibroid tumor and am preg with my 5th. child, and never have had any problems.
I hope this helps. Good luck with your little one and try to relax, let your doctor know your concerns and he will be able to explain more to you.
but if there is anything else you would like us to try to answer let us know.... thats why we are all here, to try our best to help each other. and by all means keep us updated.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
(female)

pregogirl HB User

Thank you so much for those comforting words. I will definitely ask my doctor more questions next week. Maybe the fibroid will just cooperate and move out of the way for my baby! :-)

Old 03-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

i had two located near the birth canal... luckily they didn't grow past 3 inches each and they moved HOWEVER i did end up with total placenta previa and ended up with an emergency c-section anwya... i found that it didn't matter. i have my baby and i don't care how he came out!

Old 03-17-2005, 05:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

my dr. did keep a very close eye on it.. measured them every other appt (i went every two weeks pretty much the whole pregnancy)

Closed Thread