It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User
Due Date/Meds/other questions

My dr. says that I'm due the 29th of June, I measure 2 weeks early, the u/s said July 2, and he said I was only 21 weeks when I should have been 23 (or 25 according to measurements) At my next appt on Friday, I should be 27 weeks, but only 25 by his timing. So, I wonder if he's going by the fetal age or what? When I count I get the right weeks according to my due date (not his calculations). I am SOOOO confused by all of this. The u/s doesn't concern me, b/c it's only 3 days off of my original due date. Does any of this make sense????

Also, is there anyone who takes Tylenol PM out there? My doc said I could take Unisom for my insomnia, but I have Tylenol PM here. I realize that I won't be able to sleep through the night time feedings, so I won't be taking it regularly now, but I am living on like 4 hours of inconsistent sleep a night. I'm not sure you can even call it living right now. I am so worn out during the day that I could sleep, but working full time and going to school full time and having a 5 year old and a husband that acts like a kid, I'm not able to nap much. You'd think I'd be so exhausted at the end of the day that I would just drop off. Nope, not me. I have RLS if I don't drink enough water and my legs hurt so bad and I have to move them.

Blah blah blah.....sorry so long.....you'd think I've never done this before!
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Last edited by Mommy2Isaiah; 03-17-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
(female)

taberlan HB User
Re: Due Date/Meds/other questions

I would think he is going by the measurements on the u/s. the first day of your last period is how they figure your due date, but then they do an u/s to be sure.
My doctor told me I could take tylenol pm. I have rls too, I am glad (sorry you have to exsperience it) that someone else actually knows what rls is...lol....most people say you have what? But the bad thing is the tylenol pm aggravates it more for me, alot of sleeping pills or sinus pills will.
I was having such a hard time sleeping that my doctor prescribed ambien,
but before that he told me to try tylenol pm, benadryl, and believe it or not a glass of wine....But there is a chance the tylenol pm will work for you.
hope I have helped and good luck...keep us posted... by the way incase your wondering I am 35 weeks tomm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

When you say you measure 2 weeks early, is that by the tape measure they put on the outside of your uterus? Those can be way off and you can't really go by those. The ultrasound and your last period are much more accurate for determining how far along you are. I was off by 2-4 weeks with the tape measure on the outside. My doctor ordered an ultrasound and everything was right on track with my original due date. She said it could be how the baby's laying, the size of the mother, and a myriad of other reasons why the tape measurement would be off. Most doctors go by your last period to discuss how far along yo are, not the gestational age of the fetus. I would ask at the next appoointment.

Old 03-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #4
Inactive

yamamama HB User

Insomnia really stinks! I was taking Trazodone for over a year before I became pregnant(I actually went off it about one month before my Hubby and I started trying). It's been really hard for me this pregnancy because I have the same problem,cant sleep. I lay there awake at night for hours before falling asleep and then gotta get up to pee and start all over again with trying to fall asleep. People recommend for me to get up and "do something" to get me tired again...but that doesnt work,at all. I am actually very tired when I go to bed,just cant relax enought to fall asleep. Anyway,I dont really know much about taking tylenol pm with pregnancy. But,I can tell you with Trazodone it does help you fall asleep without making you feel drugged and you can function when woke up. I still will wait to go back on it until baby sleeps through the night...but I cant wait. I need some decent sleep and I know that is the only way I will get it. Good luck with everything..I certainly can relate.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:05 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Like the other posters said, go by the U/S and the LMP. As far as Tylenol PM, I would take Unisom. That is the ONLY thing my doc recommends as far as sleeping. I just brought my concerns to her about not sleeping at all--it's not even about being uncomfortable; it's about NOT sleeping. And that is the drug she said. It is a category A. Your doc said Unisom as well, so that is what I would suggest.
Hopefully we all get some ZZzzz's soon!
~Alexis

Old 03-23-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

I cross checked the ingredients in TyPM and Unisom and they are the same, but Unisom has one extra ingredient. My pharmacist and dear friend said that TyPM would be the same, or even just plain ol' benadryl. Given that I'm soooo achy with my sciatica anyway, I take the TyPM. Thanks all for your input!
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Closed Thread