It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
sex in the 3rd tri

Is it normal to feel achey in your lower abdomen after sex? This question is primarily for women who are in their third trimester. I am (at least) 31 weeks and my baby is already head down. Does that mean he has dropped too? I am to the point where no matter what position we try, I can't seem to get comfortable. Then tonight, after going for only a couple minutes, my lower stomach/uterus started to cramp a little. You can't hurt the baby, right? I just worry with his little head being down low. I'm to the point where I'm only doing this to please my bf 'cause I sure can't get anything out of it! Is the slight cramping normal though? I haven't had cramping in a while. No spotting though.

Last edited by Frynd1; 03-17-2005 at 06:47 PM.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
(female)

taberlan HB User
Re: sex in the 3rd tri

unless your water has broke, you are at risk for preterm labor, have been bleeding, have placenta previa, then sex is safe. the achey pain is pretty normal so is having contractions after orgasm. the baby is safe and can only feel a rocking sensation, he or she is well incased in fluid and even if the baby has dropped it will not hurt him, but will help lead to your discomfort.
And the baby can be head down and still not have dropped yet.
Sex can still be enjoyable for you if you have your bf take it slow and let him know if he is making you uncomfortable. and knowing you aren't hurting your baby should ease some of your fears so that you can enjoy it more..
Hope I have helped a little at least.....Good luck with everything and if you have anymore questions feel free to post again.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

If it's that uncomfortable to you, maybe you should stop...after all your the one not enjoying it. I sure wish I could make love...haven't been able to do that since Janurary! (pre-term labor issues~i'm now 34 weeks). I used to think though, that it was bad to have sex during pregnancy as well...but the Dr. laughed at me saying not to worry cuz he wouldn't get knocked in the head.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

Everything you describe sounds normal to me. My sex life has been nearly non existant for the last few months because of my lack of libido and alot of pain from scar tissue. (I had a 4th degree episiotomy/tear combo and tons of stitches from my first delivery.) I think normal pregancy swelling has made that area very tender and it's just not fun at all.

The cramping is normal because semen contains prostaglandins, as is the contraction after orgasm. The uterus always contracts with orgasm, you just can't feel it when it's a normal not PG size.

I agree as long as you aren't a PTL risk or anything it's still safe, but if it's that uncomfortable, maybe you could talk to your s/o. My DH has been pretty understanding. I give him some once in a blue moon, but he knows to take it easy with me. It's strange, because I had a really decent libido after the first trimester with my first PG.
DD born 3/24/2005

Closed Thread