It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

thidagirl22 HB User
Talking Finally pregnant after a year TTC and cramping

I am so excited and so scared all at the same time. I just found out today that I'm pregnant. It's kinda funny. I went to the doctor today to talk about infertility options. I went to the store for my purchase of monthly hpt's, got home took one and I got BFP!!!! Took a second to be sure. The reason I'm scared is this will be my third little one and I am having cramping. It feels like I am going to start my monthly. I've been cramping for about 4 days. So is the cramping normal? I don't recall cramping in my other pregnancys but that has been 3 years ago. Please ease my mind

Old 03-17-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
Re: Finally pregnant after a year TTC and cramping

I had period like cramps for a while during my first pregnancy. I was nervous too. I did "panty checks" every hour or so. LOL. My doc told me that it was normal from the uterus stretching and as long as I had no bleeding or severe pain, not to worry about it.

With this one, I had alot of pulling sharp pain on one side and was afraid I had an ectopic. The u/s at 8 weeks revealed a healthy baby in the right place and a small cyst on that ovary causing the pain. This is apparently common during pregnancy, too, as the cysts develop to maintain the pregnancy in the first few weeks by causing hormone production. Sometimes they get a little bigger and cause discomfort. It went away before the end of the first trimester.

Good luck and congrats!
DD born 3/24/2005

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 11:47 PM   #3
(female)

thidagirl22 HB User

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. Itried to go to bed but the cramps were keeping me from sleeping. I've been doing the panty check all night. I'm calling the dr. tomorrow to get an appointment.

Old 03-18-2005, 03:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

I've been worried about cramping too. I got my BFP on Sunday of this week and had it confirmed by my doctor on Tuesday. My cramps are not painful, but they do tend to come and go throughout the day. From all of the research i've done, it's not an abnormal thing to happen. And to be honest with you, the cramps are worse when i think about it

Old 03-18-2005, 03:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hello

Congratulations to both you and Zekat. I had quite bad cramping ealy on in my pregnancy. They were exactly like period cramps and I was so convinced I was going to get my period that I didn't bother testing until it was a week late. The cramps continued on and off for quite a few weeks. They are completely normal and are caused by everything growing and stretching. If they become very painful or you have bleeding as well then you should contact your doctor.
Spanish

Old 03-18-2005, 06:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Cramping is very common in early pregnancy. As long as the cramps are not severe, do not wrap around to the back and are not accompanied by heavy bleeding, they're normal. Congratulations!

Last edited by jmcummins3; 03-18-2005 at 06:05 AM.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:52 AM   #7
(female)

Florida77 HB User

I also found out last Sunday that I am pregnant - 5 weeks!!! Anyway, I also have bad "period like cramps" pretty much every day. Although they actually only really come on when I am very hungry.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #8

FaithfulyWaiting HB User

Just wanted to pop in and say that I had cramping like I was going to start my period too, when I was first preg.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #9
(female)

thidagirl22 HB User

I called the nurse today and she said it was normal to cramp as long as there is no bleeding She also said the worst thing I could do right now is to worry. I guess now I can get excited about baby#3!!! When I left the dr. yesterday I told my sister that I guess I would just have to accept the fact of no more children. I was in town so I fugured I would get a test like I've been doing every month "just to be sure". Went home peed on the stick and laid it on the floor and I sat there just staring at it..when I started seeing a faint 2nd line. Stared a little more and it was getting darker. Thought I was going crazy seeing things so I took it to hubby and he seen it to!! I was overcome with excitement I thought I was going to pass out.LOL I am just so happy now I know the cramping is normal. I guess I get the clothes back out that I put in the bottom of the closet I had been getting a few things here and there when we fisrt started trying and decided there would be no use for them and packed them away. I am 4wks and 2days along. I'm glad someone else is about as far along as we are. Thanks for all the replies and I'm sure I'll probably be around for awhile. Thanks again

Closed Thread