It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

emilyallison HB User
Question!! Need Your Expertise!!!

Hello,
I heard that if its your second pregnancy you show earlier and was wondering if thats true even if you had a failed early pregancy.
I had a failed pregnancy at about 8 weeks a few years ago and am now 9 weeks pregnant and already have a belly. Im not sure if my previous pregnancy went on long enough to make me show earlier with this one. Im just concerned with how big my tummy is already! I havent gained that much weight, because Ive been really sick, yet I already dont fit into my old pants!
Whats going on??
Anyone else showing at 9 weeks???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #2
(female)

emilyallison HB User
Re: Question!! Need Your Expertise!!!

No one? Just me???? Crap.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

you may be just bloated. I don't think you are showing any faster this time around, your body did not get a chance to stretch last time for it to stretch easier this time. The reason it is said that subsequent pregnancies tend to show earlier is because everything is already stretched out from the first pregnancy. I started showing very early this time around and was in maternity clothes before I started the second trimester. I would not worry about gaining yet, your uterus is not big enough yet to show on the outside, it is still inside your pelvis, that is unless you are further along then you think you are. hope this helps. good luck

Old 03-18-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

I believe you show sooner with your second, third, ect because your muscles have already been stretched that far so it is easier for them to go back to that. Im not sure that 8 weeks was enough for you to fit that theory. However, I had the same problem you do. I was out of my jeans right away, and had a bubble belly that was just really bloated. I was small to begin with though. I remember my 5 year old nephew saying "If your baby is only the size of a slug, then why is your belly so big" sigh...kids.....
Jen

Old 03-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
Inactive

yamamama HB User

I started showing with this one very early,like around 7-8 weeks(at least not fitting into my jeans,with no weight gain). I thought it was twins..but it's only one This is my second pregnancy.

Last edited by Emily'smama; 03-18-2005 at 08:31 PM.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User

Im on my third pregnancy and started showing as early as 5 weeks.
I didnt show any sooner with my second than I did with my first but with this one it made its presents clear immediatly.
Robyn

Last edited by Im_Robyn; 03-18-2005 at 09:45 PM.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:32 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

My second pregnancy ended in miscarriage at barely 5 weeks. I am now 17 weeks pregnant with baby #2 (3rd pregnancy) I was showing very early as well, I think by the time I was 9 weeks I was in mostly maternity clothes unless it was PJs and sweatpants etc.

Old 03-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #8
(female)

emilyallison HB User
Wink Re: Question!! Need Your Expertise!!!

Thanks, now I dont feel like Im going nuts!!

Closed Thread