It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

specialscorp HB User
Question Are these pains normal or am I feeling symptoms of premature labor?

I am currently 32 days from my dd. For about a month I've been feeling severe pains really, really low on my stomach that go all the way under me to my rear. They are so bad I literally cannot walk or stand up sometimes. Last week these pains came 3 mins apart exactly for 45 mins. I went to the doctor that day. By the time I got there, they'd stopped. She put me on the monitor to check for contractions and there were none. She also checked my cervix and said that it's closed. On Tuesday, my husb and I had intercourse and although things went fine during and right after, within 2 hours, I got these pains back more intense except now they are going from my vaginal area down the inside of my legs and I hit the floor. When I'd gone to the doctor she'd told me that the pains I was feelings were "just normal pregnancy pains" and gave me a maternity support belt. It helps a little sometimes but by far doesn't get rid of the pains. When they do come they are just as bad belt or not. As far as I can tell, I haven't lost my mucus plug. She will start examining me next Tuesday on a weekly basis. Hopefully she'll say that I have lost it, am open now and well on my way. I can't take these pains much longer! Anyone feel anything like this? What were you told? How long did you feel these before going into delivery?

Old 03-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

specialscorp HB User
Re: Are these pains normal or am I feeling symptoms of premature labor?

Anyone have any response? I would really like to hear from someone who experienced these feelings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

all i can tell u is this. it is more than likely braxton hicks however you will prob know when ur really in labour because they are very timed. what i mean is give or take a minute if u continually get pains and they are timed almost exact then it is labour. i went through a lot of this stuff and always thought this was it! but it never was, i just knew once they were timed perfectly. now about thise pains, have u ever had kidney stones? i have when i was and wasnt pregnant and they felt diff every time, the last time it was a shooting vaginal feeling.

Last edited by hayley0610; 03-18-2005 at 04:38 PM.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

specialscorp HB User

Thanks for replying. Never had kidney stones. I've heard that they are excrutiating. Would hope that's not the case. I'm sure that part of it is BH contractions. They've been going on for a while. I'm probably just being a whiner, however, some of the pains I feel are exactly that way that I felt after they'd induced me with my first child.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Sounds like Braxton Hicks....it's just your body preparing for the acutal labor. Like the other post said, you will know when it's the real deal because they are VERY timed. They start out FAR apart, and then get closer together--BUT very regular. I forget the actual length; but for example, you can start out 5-6 minutes apart, and 45 seconds in length for each contraction. That will continue for awhile, and then eventually become 2-3 minutes apart and 60 seconds in length for each contraction. (of course the length is hypothetical--I don't know for sure how long they really last; or maybe it varies from person to person....It's been 7 years for me since my last pregnancy; so I DON'T REMEMBER!!!!)
Hope this helps!!!

Old 03-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
(female)

specialscorp HB User

Thanks. I'll let ya'll know when the real ones come along...that is once is over and I'm back home from the hospital!

Closed Thread