It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User
C section

I am scheduled for a C section april 29th. I am a little nervous but not as nervous as I would have been for a V birth. How long should I expect to be soar for? How soar?

Old 03-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #2
Inactive

yamamama HB User
Re: C section

Hi,
I am also having a c-section,but it hasnt been scheduled yet..sometime in May. I am getting pretty nervous too. I have heard different things but mostly heard it will be about 6 weeks before you get to feeling better(normal). Also heard if you baby it then it will be sore longer. I'm excited about the c-section though,even though I am scared. I had a previous delivery vaginally and it went pretty bad. Recovery from that was about three monthes. So,6 weeks sounds pretty nice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

Trinity1001 HB User

I had a c-section with my daughter because I could not deliver her vaginally. I can remember that I was up and moving around the next day. It was sore for a while, but hurt the most at first when I would get up and down out of the bed or when I would sit down. But after I came home everyone was amazed at how I was getting around and such. The only thing was, I couldn't lift anything over 10 lbs for 3 weeks and my daughter was almost 9 lbs when she was born So, I guess its different for everyone. Hope this helps!

Old 03-19-2005, 11:18 AM   #4
(female)

Kimberly HB User

I'm scheduled for my c-section May 9th and getting a little nervous but excited at the same time. I found reading stories from other ladies on here about their experiences and knowing what to expect has helped me out a great deal. I had a rough delivery with my daughter vaginally so I know this is the best way to go. I hope you ladies have a safe c-section and healthy babies.

Good luck!

Old 03-19-2005, 11:53 AM   #5
(female)

ryantiques HB User

I had two c-sections, it's been a long time though. In fact the first one was on April 29, (1995). And the second June 4 (1999). It's hard to really remember the recovery period and yes it's more painful than a vaginal delivery.

With my first I had PROM, Pelvic dispropotion and failure to progress and was in labor for more than three days when the section was performed so I wouldn't go by that experience as much as my second which was scheduled without being in labor.

So as for my second, it wasn't as difficult as the first (maybe because I knew what to expect, or because I didn't labor at all)

The anxiety I felt with both was much worse than the actual surgeries. I think we all tend to do that, worry alot and then after say oh it wasn't as bad as I thought.

It was worse going home because the pain isn't as controlled but the more you walk around the quicker the recovery I found in my case.

You should expect to be soar for a while. Several weeks or longer. Depends on your own abilities and pain threshhold. Once I was past the first couple weeks however it wasn't so bad. Breast fed and concentrated more on the babies than the pain.

Good luck, with your surgery and remember the end result. It is still true about c-sections as with vaginal births the pain is somehow taken away (maybe by the natural Oxytocin we produce) once you see your baby within a short time you'll want to do it all again.

I'm having my third c-section (fifth major abdominal surgery) within the next 6 weeks and you bet I'm nervous, but I know the results will take care of all the anxiety and pain we have to go through to get there.

Happy birthday to my baby girls b-day twin out there and the rest of you.....

God Bless
Jessica

Old 03-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I had my section on February 15th. I was really sore for about a week, then after that I was pretty much ok. The dr told me to get up as much as possible and walk up and down stairs. That helped. I also requested a binder from the hospital and that helped with "holding" in everything. The hospital also had me out of bed with in 24 hours.

Old 03-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User

Thanks so much for your feedback ladies. And good luck to everyone else also coming up on their c sections. I am very excited. I am sort of glad I am having a planned c section opposed to vaginal birth. It all scares me but for some reason the c section does not scare me as much as labor and all of that. The c section date can't come quick enough at this point. every day I am getting a little bigger and a little more uncomfortable and feel like I am handicapped because I can't do stuff as easily. Not to mention I am craving a really strong vodka tonic that has been , what seems like, a long time coming. I am excited to see the baby finally. I think I am going through a little of the nesting period. I have been getting things ready and improving the house and really trying to plan ahead as much as possible. Good luck ladies!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #8
(female)

sweetpea333 HB User

i couldn't move for days but thats' just me and it was also an emergency, i had staples

Old 03-22-2005, 07:47 AM   #9

sharp3951 HB User

Did any of you have a vertical c-section? I had a emergency vertical c-section because during being induced, my placenta abrupted. My blood pressure was something over 30. I almost died. My baby did die. Anyway, I had my first son vaginally and to me that was a breeze compared to the c-section. I hurt so bad. I don't know if it was because it was vertical or not. I thought i was going to die everytime i went to get up and down. It took everything i had to push myself. After a week i was still soar and i couldn't stand up straight that well.

Closed Thread