It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Not sure what happened...

Are BH's contractions supposed to be painful? Does your uterus have to tighten in order to have them? I ask this because I came down with the worst stomach cramps last night. My teeth were chattering as if it was 20 degrees below, my face was flushed, I was bawling and I felt as if the pain was going to cause me to vomit. I seriously thought I was in labor, except my uterus didn't feel hard to the touch. It just felt tight and crampy. I basically crawled to my mother's room (I am visiting my parents for Easter) and she tucked me into her bed and told me to go back to sleep. The pain was gone by this morning. Anyone know what that could have been. The pain was consistent, not a comming and going thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Re: Not sure what happened...

Sounds to me like a flu that has been going around. You can have all the pains and aches, and NOT actually vommit or have the "runs."
OTHERWISE-it could've been gas, something you ate, OR of course BH's. (especially since it didn't continue regularily) Just last night I was feeling VERY crampy too; and my stomach hurt like I was going to puke. I took some TUMS and felt a bit better. Just rest up....and if things continue, GET INTO THE NEAREST OB DEPT.!
I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 10:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -
Even though it's Saturday, I'd say to call your doctor just in case. Flu can set off all kinds of problems from dehydration to labor from wretching. Your doctor needs to know that happened so he/she can decide if it's of concern.

Hope you continue to feel better, but tell the doctor anyway!

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 03-19-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I would call the doctor also. As for the contractions or bh no you dont have to feel your belly getting rock hard to have them not until active labor anyways. I get them alot and my belly doesnt get hard. But if you feel like thats what they are and you have more than 3 an hour and espically if you have to ''breath'' through them go to the L&D cause you never know and need to be checked out. feel better soon.

Old 03-19-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

WIERD. I had almost the same thing last night. I had real bad cramps through out my lower abdomen, backs and hips. I felt like I was going to vomit and I was dizzy. I didnt get the cold thing though. I almost went to L&D but it eased up.
Do you feel better today? Dont forget to mention it to your doc.
Jen

Old 03-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

My teeth weren't chattering because I was cold. My whole jaw was shaking because I was in pain. Ever cry real hard to the point where your teeth chatter? I only felt as if I were going to throw up because of the pain, not because I felt I had the flu. My mom suggested it was either the flu, how the baby was positioned or my stomach streching. Honestly, I can't see it being any of those options.

I was laying in bed, on the phone and once I hung up, I stood up and that's when I felt the pains. They were all over (clenched up under my ribs and in my lower abdomen) and I tried going to the bathroom (incase it was gas) or leaning over to relieve the pressure and nothing worked. I felt dizzy as well. The cramps, dizziness, urge to vomit from the pain - I thought this was labor. I'm only 32 weeks though. I found that lying on my side helped a little and that's what soothed me to sleep - that and my crying. I felt better in the morning. I have a doctor's appt on good Friday, I plan on asking what happened

Old 03-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Lynn,

With so many things that can go wrong in pregnancy, it is NEVER a good idea to wait until you appointment. Something really odd and frightening happened. Call the doctor. I lost a baby because I didn't want to bother the doctor and thought I knew better.

Let the doctor tell you if there is cause for concern. Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 03-19-2005, 11:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I had a really long intense cramp with my first pregnancy, but mine was caused from walking, we had gone to our summer fair/festivities and on the walk back to where we parked I had this long cramp that wouldn't go away, after 5 minutes I told my husband if it wasn't gone by the time we got near our home we were going to go to the hospital, but after I sat down and relaxed it eased up. I would call your Dr first thing on Monday or better yet call the LD dept at your hospital now and explain what happened they may ask you to go for a non stress test. Good luck hun. You are so close now. Take care.

Old 03-20-2005, 07:55 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Lynn how many weeks are you ?

Old 03-20-2005, 04:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Hi there, I'm going on 32 weeks