It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #1

felix1 HB User
People's Premonitions

Why do people feel they need to share.?

I told my brother that I am pregnant (2nd child - 1st one is 11 months) on Monday. I am about 6 weeks along and have a history of 2 previous miscarriages

Anyhow, he calls me to ask if everything is okay today. I say as far as I know, WHY? And he just said he had this feeling and not to worry about it. Geeh, thanks for that. Now all I can think about is his phone call.

I really wish people would keep things like that to themselves. I mean, I would call if something did happen.

Anybody else had experiences like this?

-Natasha

Old 03-19-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: People's Premonitions

Personally i'd be happy if my brother called worried about me, but he's in Iraq right now. Now it's me who's constantly worrying that something will go wrong on the other side of world to where he won't get to see his first nephew (first grandchild in the family). I'm sure he didn't mean to upset you. I think it's sweet that he probably is only hoping for the best and for you to have a healthy and enjoyable 9 months.

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 03-19-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I think intuition is an important sign to look out for. With my first pregnancy, I was a senior in high school and kept it all to myself. I went to a catholic school where I wouldn't have been able to graduate if anyone knew. Then, one day while in first period I decided to skip school and go home. I had a friend take me to the nurse's office, where I pretended that I threw up in the bathroom and of course, she sent me home. In a matter of 2 hours after doing that, I miscarried my baby. I would have not wanted to be at school when I started passing blood clots the size of a child's fist. I was in extreme pain too. I'm glad I went home that day

Old 03-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

While I think it is sweet that your brother called to see how you were, I feel that maybe he shouldn't have said what he did. But that's just my opinion. I get weird feelings all the time and freak out that I am sensing something bad is going to happen, but it doesn't. It's just a hormonal thing. But I really think in situations where someone does something or someone else has a feeling about something bad, and then something does happen, it's just coincidence. I would just think positively about your brother calling you, and focus on how he was wanting to make sure you were feeling well.

Closed Thread