It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 11:20 PM   #1
(female)

taberlan HB User
Do they still give enemas?

It's been four years sense I have had a baby, and someone told me that they no longer shave you are give you enemas before the baby is born. I was just wondering what to exspect now. I am 35 weeks and I go to the doctor on Friday, he is going to do a pelvic exam and if I have dilated any he said he would induce labor at 38 weeks. thats only three weeks off!! so I am nervous waiting for Friday to get here. And was just wondering what all has changed as far as preliminaries go......

Old 03-20-2005, 07:12 AM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: Do they still give enemas?

No they dont do those things anymore they stopped doing them before my first baby was born 9 years ago. At lease all around here in the US. If they do do it anywhere Ive never heard of it in the past over 9 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Nope, don't shave don't give enemas. I was soooo worried I was going to poo on the table when I pushed - my mom told a story about how embarrassed she was when she gave birth to my brother and how the doctor was mad 'cuz they hadn't given her an enema.

But before DS was born, I really wasn't hungry, really didn't eat all that much and besides everything is hanging out, they broke my water, nurse cleaned up the mess, they kept changing the paper sheets... I found out a few days after DS was born that I did poo a tiny bit -- how mortifying, but nobody said anything and just cleaned up after me. Must happen once in a while. Just wish DH hadn't told me.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
(female)

taberlan HB User

I know when my son was born 4 years ago that they still done them, so i was just wondering...Thanks for all the answers......

Closed Thread