It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #1

alwysasweetie21 HB User
Question Took Pregnancy Test...NO LINES AT ALL!!

Ok so now I am confused.... upset that I don't know if I can actually rest peacefully tonight knowing I am not pregnant.
I took a pregnancy test earlier today, and it came out to be no lines...which it said on the box, meant invalid.
I am thinking it could possibly be because I moved it before the time was up.... this is my first pregnancy test I have ever taken, and it was an off brand(kinda broke, only thing I could afford)....so I am wondering if that was a factor.
and it also was after dinner...although it had been about 3 and a half hours since I had been to the bathroom...so now what???
Is there a better brand that is more reliable, or is there possibly something else I could have done!???....I guess I will have to get another and see what happens.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:08 AM   #2
(female)

taberlan HB User
Re: Took Pregnancy Test...NO LINES AT ALL!!

No lines means it is invalid, usually you have to take it first thing in the morning, and as far as it being cheap, I took a cheap one equate walmart brand and it showed positive and it was correct...lol... I was curious about the ones you get a the dollar stores, they actually have them for a $1.00, so after I found out I was preg. I bought one and it showed positive and was also correct. I guess it depends on how late you are and what urine you use, first morning urine is better, it will have higher levels of the hormones in it if you are. Some of the cheap ones will not show up as soon as the others I think, depends on how late you are, but if you are 2 weeks late or longer then almost any of them will show up right....hope I have helped...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
(female)

Songbirder HB User

I guess visiting a pharmacy and purchasing a reliable brand would be advisable!! I know that money is scarce, but it could be a good investment. If you are pregnant you need to know, and you need to get some proper medical attention. Good luck

Old 03-20-2005, 05:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

Make sure you get enough urine on it - if you don't the test will be invalid. I've found the best way to do that is to pee in a clean cup and then soak the applicator tip in the cup for 5-15 seconds.

I also got a positive with the Wal-mart Equate brand. I think it was like 4 dollars!

Last edited by zekat; 03-20-2005 at 05:21 AM.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:07 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

I would borrow some moo-la from friends and get another one. I used an "off-brand" with my youngest dd, and it DID turn out; but I was freaked thinking because it was an off brand it might not be correct, so I bought the better ones anyway. I usually use "EPT-the 'Error proof test' " LOL I buy the box with TWO in them, just to be sure. And it IS better to use morning urine when the levels of your hormones are highest, but if you ARE preggo, it will show up NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF DAY YOU TAKE IT! Keep us posted.....

Old 03-20-2005, 08:11 AM   #6
Inactive

yamamama HB User

I dont think it matters if you got a generic brand or not. Sometimes tests can come back like that. Buy another and try again. I used a generic early test and it came back neg. I waited a couple days and took the other test in the package and it came back positive. So,maybe your dates are off and you took it to early,along with not peeing enough on it...try again and let us know

Old 03-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
(female)

confused226 HB User

alwaysasweetie...
ive heard of a girl who used a pregnancy test from a dollar store and it came out positive...when she went to the doctor and took a blood test it came back negative...she was actually pregnant...i think the best time to test is really in the morning and i dont think its a good idea to drink anything before testing because it dilutes your urine...when a test shows up with no lines it means the test is invalid...when you buy a test its best to check the date and make sure its not expired...just because it had no lines doesnt mean youre not pregnant...you may be but the test was bad...go and buy an EPT...theyre really good...or go see your doctor for one...i wish you the best of luck and i hope we were all of good help...

*~Chrissy~*

Old 03-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I don't think the brand name matters. I have always bought the cheap ones, and none of them were ever wrong. I mean, it's like an off brand tv, they work the same way!
Sounds like the test was just bad, or that you did move it too fast. Some of them say one line is the "test" line which means the test is working.
I didn't know the dollar store had them, or i probably would have gotten them! I got some at CVS, they were two for 7.99.
Good luck!

Closed Thread