It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 06:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Need to vent..!

Hello everybody,

I've just returned home from another 2 night hospital stay. I was only there 3 weeks ago but severe sickness and dehydration put me back in Saturday afternoon. This time it was so much worse. The vomiting was violent and uncontrollable. I've been left with burst blood vessels in and around both eyes and bruises all over my chest and ribs. I'm SO frustrated!! I feel like I'm doing everything right and exactly what my midwife tells me to do but yet I'm still being sick and getting hospitalized. Now that I'm into my 14 week I'm hoping things calm down. This is all taking a toll on me physically and mentally but I try to remain cheerful and positive. I am so worried that all of this will be hurting my baby but I keep being told not to worry...babies are tough and can put up with a lot.

Well enough moaning for now! Thanks for listening everybody and take care!

Nicole xx

Old 03-21-2005, 07:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User
Re: Need to vent..!

I feel bad for you. It is so hard to remain positive when you feel so miserable. Hopefully once you hit 3 months things will ease up on you. Before you know it you will be going for your 20 week ultrasound and it will all have been worth it when you see your baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Thanks so much 2fast4u. It is definately hard to remain positive sometimes. Fortunately I have a fantastic hubby who is always cheerful and positive and also thinks he's quite the comedian. When I'm completely down it's nice to have someone there who can make me laugh.

Old 03-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

After 14 weeks mine seemed to ease up...I have only gotten sick twice since then...I'm now 17 weeks + 3 days, and feel much better but now tend to get more headaches....better than puking though. LOL

Old 03-22-2005, 05:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

My m/s magically went away in week 14. I'm only in week 15 currently, but I'm hoping yours will be going away. Yours sounds really bad!!!!!

4 weeks ago at my Dr. appt (at week 11), we talked about my m/s as I was having it pretty bad. He told me if it wasn't better by my next appt (which was yesterday...week 15), he would prescribe me something to ease it up so I could get along with my life...but I had to stick it out because m/s is normal.

If I were you, I would be thinking about having a serious talk with your doctor about this m/s soon. I can tell you my doc would have intervened if I was having it as bad as you. Are you happy with your doc? I see you are using a midwife...do you have a doc? Are you going natural & not wanting meds? Just asking.

I agree a baby can take a lot, but what about you? I'm of the opinion that if I'm not well & functioning properly, how can I properly care for others? That's just my opinion...don't want you to take this the wrong way.

GOOD LUCK!
Gayle

Old 03-22-2005, 06:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Hi Gayle,

In all honesty I have a great team behind me and I believe they're doing the best they can with this sickness. They've given it a name anyway, Hyperemesis Gravidarum (exaggerated form of morning sickness). I have my family doc, midwife, and the OB working hard to help me and I really do trust them. I actually have an open admission at the hospital which means that whenever the sickness completely takes over like it just did I just phone ahead and the nurses are waiting for me with my a private room. I'm also taking Cyclizine 3x a day to help ease the sickness a bit.

My mom's friend was actually bedridden for 7 months with both of her pregnancies due to HG. I'm nearly there I think. I've been off of work for more than a month now and parked on the couch.

Thanks so much for your post and concern.

Nicole x

Closed Thread