It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

LaceyDawn HB User
Question Could I Be Infertile?

I have been off of birth control pills for almost a year now. During this past year, me and my husband have been having unprotected intercourse every other day except when AF is around (sorry if TMI) and to no avail, not a pregnancy yet. And we haven't exactly been careful as to not get pregnant, we actually would like to have a baby. Could this mean that I am infertile? Should I be worried and contact my doctor? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. Lacey

Old 03-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Re: Could I Be Infertile?

not necessarily, you could be trying to hard, and for that reason you are not getting pregnant. Try different positions and get a ovulation monitor, there is a good one, I forget what it is called, but you can get it on ebay, it is a microscope one, and each morning you put some saliva on the one piece, let it dry and put the 2 pieces together, push the button and look into the view thingy and if you see ferning you are ovulating, if not, try again next day. It works great. Once I purchased that one, I became pg the same month, go figure, I used others with no luck, we tried for 5-6 months with this baby. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
(female)

LaceyDawn HB User

Thanks for the reply.

I did buy one of those ovualation scopes, and when we saw ferny things, we put ourselves to work. I'm still waiting until Saturday before AF is supposed to show. I hope she doesn't come this month. Nothing would make me happier.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi LaceyDawn

I hope you get the result you want this month, but if not it might be worth both you and your husband talking to your doctor. Where I live, if you've been TTC for over a year, the doctors will then start to investigate whether there is a fertility problem. Before a year has passed they aren't interested because it can just take quite a while to get pregnant. If you do go to your doctor do ask you husband to go as well because if there is a problem it might be to do with his sperm rather than your own fertility.

Good Luck!

Spanish

Old 03-25-2005, 12:15 AM   #5
(female)

tabbithy HB User

Some doctors will tell you that you may be infertile if you have been trying for 2 years or longer with no luck.
Me and my husband tried for a year and I was really getting worried, and then 13 months into trying I think I gave up, I was 9 weeks preg. before I realized it...lol...But we are about to have our 5th. baby, so I guess it took a little time getting started. Just relax and don't dwell on it. It will happen for you and when it does be sure to let us all know....

Closed Thread