It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

Honeychild HB User
Red face All Shook Up, and I don't think the Baby liked it at all!

This is what happened.

Last night, I was playing some rock 'n roll music,

and hubbie and I were doing the jive and gettin' all shook up! ;-)

Yes, we were just being complete maniacs together!

So you can just imagine me dancing my little butt off, with my big belly sticking out. ;-)
We were having a grand ole time!

But then I noticed that the baby would not stop kicking and moving afterwards, and it wasn't those nice smooth movements in my belly. It was hard, pressurised movements, to the point I was telling the baby to please stop, as I couldn't get to sleep. It was kind of startling movements, that almost took my breath away, and the baby just kept on moving. I dont think the baby has ever moved that much in such a short time span!

NOW normally, I listen to soothing, classical music (like I am now for the babies benefit) but last night, i wanted to kick up my heels for a change, and have some fun.
So the music was sorta LOUD and it
WAS fast paced music (pop) and Ray Charles music, that the baby is not use to hearing.

Do you reckon that because the baby was moving SO much afterwards,and kind of erratic movements that he/she really did not like the music, and did not like me dancing around so much?????? Was it really bad for the baby what I did???

Maybe i will just have to keep listening to "church music" whilst pregnant???? (sigh)

Old 04-02-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: All Shook Up, and I don't think the Baby liked it at all!

I think the baby probably did like it! They can hear bass sounds better than low sounds, so he was probably more excited. I play the Beatles and CCR and all kinds of stuff for mine he likes "Come Together" because it has that hard bass line in it.
As for the dancing, as long as you weren't slam dancing or break dancing, I think it is ok, I have heard recommendations to dance, they like the movement, and I dance around all the time. The reason he was probably kicking harder is because your heart was beating faster, so his was too.
I don't think you will have to listen to church music, I listen to normal music and got a little cd player with headphones and put it on my stomach, and play what I call "good music" (beatles, jim croce, don mclean, eagles) and he seems to like it!
good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
(female)

unknown_girl HB User

I think the baby probably liked it. Usually when a baby listens to soft music it calms them just like grown ups. But when You played the loud, fast kinda music and you started dancing he or she probably had a thought like "Hey if she gets to dance then so can i" and the music got the baby excited just like you got!

Old 06-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I think the baby was do in the twist right with ya!

Old 06-15-2005, 08:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

I'll bet he was kicking you to get you to do it again!

Jenn

Closed Thread