It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2005, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

Kirii HB User
Can severe coughing cause pregnancy problems?

I went to the ER cause I couldn't stop coughing. They said I had Sinus infection though my sinuses are fine no green gunk. Well antibiotics aren't working at all i'm still sick as can be. I can't stop coughing and I'm getting green mucus coming from my lungs. Yesterday I coughed so bad that I coughed up blood. Not much, but first timer here. I'm not sure what effect my coughing almost 24/7 will have on my child. I'm around 28 weeks and just very sick!! Had to goto eye doctor cause now my eyes are infected. I'm taking K-Flex and Tylenol sore throat with robitussin. And waiting on my eye antibiotics and steroids to come in. I'm in so much pain from coughing. I believe it's bronchitis, not a sinus infection. I just wish this would get better. Any ideas on the coughing/pregnancy?

Old 04-08-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Re: Can severe coughing cause pregnancy problems?

Hello Kirii! I too just got over a TERRIBLE case of Bronchitis. I was gagging so hard I thought my water would break! So, I understand where you are coming from.
What med did they put you on? Depending on which one, it should knock out the Bronchitis too.
Unfortunately, what you're doing--taking the Tylenol and Robitussin is about all you can do when you're preggo. Get around some steam--lean over a pot of boiling water, breath in a cup of tea/coffee steam, (Lemon Zinger was my fave) Take a nice shower. Get a Vaporizor, use Vics Vapor rub. REST! AND DON'T 4GET YOUR FLUIDS! It took mine a week to go away--I am still coughing; but not NEARLY as bad.
I hope you feel better....and if this isn't getting any better; I would see your regular doc and tell him/her to MAKE IT STOP--GIVE ME DRUGS THAT WORK!!! LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Re: Can severe coughing cause pregnancy problems?

I had this a few months ago, I had to go to the hospital and get fluids because they said I had the flu. Anyway, The only thing coughing did to me was cause a little bleeding. I was only about 12 wks along though. They also told me that being as sick as I was, I could have been on my death bed with it, and the baby would be fine. So I think your baby is just fine. good luck getting rid of it.

Closed Thread