It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 05:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Any unusual signs just before labor?

I am 37 weeks and NOTHING is happening down there, except that my cervix is starting to soften, but it is still long and closed. My doctor mentioned inducing between 39 and 40 weeks due to the size of the baby and my small frame. I am nervous about being induced and was really hoping to go into labor naturally, like I did with my first.

I need some encouragement. Were there any signs that you had just before labor that were out of the ordinary? If so, how long afterward did you go into labor?

Old 04-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User
Re: Any unusual signs just before labor?

the day before i went into labor with my first child...i suddenly had this "burst of energy" and wanted to rearrange my living room. i had always heard that you will get a burst of energy just before going into labor---your body's way of preparing you for the long hours of labor......but it was my first child, so when i got that burst of energy, i thought nothing of it....but my mom did.....and i went into labor the next day.....afterwards, mom laughted and told me that she knew i was going to be in labor real soon, because of the energy that i suddenly felt.

with my second one....i couldnt really tell you. i had "braxton hicks" since i began my 7th month. so, when i was in labor....i really wasnt sure. and what made it so much harder to know for certain...was that my contractions were sporadic....never a definite time in between. one minute they would be 20 minutes apart, the next 5 minutes, then 15 minutes, 30 minutes, back down to 10 minutes.....it was so all over the wall, that i called my sister about 11 pm (this had been going on since 7 pm) we were on the phone trying to figure out whether or not i was in labor until 3 am. i got disgusted at 4 am and told dh to take me...that if i wasnt in labor, they WERE going to give me something!!!!! got to the hospital at 6 am...and had dilated to 5 cm!!!!

each woman is different. each pregnancy is different, even for the same woman. so i really dont know what else to tell you. with my first...dont know if its coincidence or not..but have heard it said many times that its true.....but with my first one...me and dh went to the farm....we drove around the farm (this was NOT done intentionally!!!!!!!) and it was a very bumpy ride....afterwards, we were to go to the grocery store, but i was tired....and so swelled, that we went home instead....about an hour later after lying down, i got up, and had a sharp pain in my back...questioning it, i studied on it, and went upstairs to bed...thats when the contractions started. ....afterwards, i learned from reading, and other mommy's...that bumpy rides can cause a woman to go into labor. so, i dont know if it was coincidence, or the bumpy rides that caused me to go into labor. both of my girls were full term.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

My first was 9 days early. I don't really remember any signs or anything happening just before I went into labor. I think dh and I need to take a drive next weekend! Thanks for the tip!

Old 04-11-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

good luck! i hope the drive works, if nothing happens between now and then!

Old 04-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

My Blood pressure sky rocketed two days before I went into labor. Other than that nothing until my water broke LOL..

Old 04-14-2005, 06:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I'm starting to feel a lot of pressure down there and a lot of discomfort (can't really describe it) in my abdomen. For the past 2 weeks, it felt like the baby was grabbing my cervix and the past 2 days it felt like it has been lower. I think something's finally happening, although I still don' think labor is just around the corner, it's probably still a couple weeks away. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it will creep up quickly on it's own.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:58 AM   #7
(female)

tiggydunc HB User

Hi JMC,

Does it feel like bad period cramps? I have been having those for the past few days. Plus, on Tuesday I had some brown discharge and today it is slighlty pink, although not always there. I think we are on our way. When is your due date? I'm due on the 26th? It would be great to have them a little early, wouldn't it?

Old 04-14-2005, 07:10 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

2 to 3 days before I went into labour I had this radiating cramps downs the front of my thighs... especially when having a bm (sorry tmi!) But honestly everytime my legs were bent at the hip I'd get this crazy pain dowm my legs My Bp also went up

Old 04-14-2005, 08:24 AM   #9
(female)

curious1979 HB User

I am due with baby#2 on the 29th. I do believe she will be here by the weekend. Last Friday I was 1.5 cm dialated and 60% effaced. I finally lost my plug on Monday. I have been having alot of contractions and lower back/belly cramping. Been going to the bathroom alot more. Tomorrow I go in to have my membranes stripped, so hopefully I will be dialated a bit more and that will do the trick. Also....my discharge has been VERY watery the past few days. Not sure if that has anything to do with prelabor or not? I am so ready to have this baby. I can no longer sleep. My legs at the hips always pop, and I can't get out of bed anymore....I PRAY something happens this weekend. Good Luck ladies!

Old 04-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I gave birth at 37 weeks and the days before I just felt sooo heavy and tired. My lower back ached, I felt like I had really bad gas cramps and I had more of a discharge. I didn't really feel like eating. I just kinda ached all over -- like I had a flu bug. Then I started timing my gas pains and they were coming at regular intervals.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:18 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Thanks for the encouragement! I guess the discomfort is similar to menstrual cramping and the Braxton-Hicks contractions are coming more often now. They are still sporatic and not very strong, so I know it's not the real thing yet. I don't expect to go into labor today or anything, it would just be nice to know that SOMETHING is going on down there.

Ratatosk, I have felt just like that since yesterday, minus the "gas" pains. I haven't had any pain, just uneasy discomfort (that's the only way to describe it). It's almost like my body is ansy or something.

I'll be 39 weeks next weekend, so I think sometime later in the week next week would be a great time. I walked more than usual today (I have extreme back pain, so walking has been difficult at best), so maybe that will kick start something. I go to the doctor tomorrow morning and will talk to her about when to induce if labor doesn't start on it's own.

Closed Thread