It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

angelbc HB User
What is going on???

Okay I am 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. Acouple of weeks ago I had the nauseas feeling all the time, very tired and of course crabby with everyone which I know is all normal seeing that I am in my first trimester. Well since than I have gotten worse meaning that I am really really sick all the time. I cannot even think of soda without getting sick to my stomach. I ahve had troubles leeping even and having a hard time even taking my prenatal vitamin or brushing my teeth. The only thing I am able to drink is lemonade. Its just weird how everything is getting worse when I think it should be getting better right? I have only thrown up a few times but mostly its just sick to my stomach where I know I can throw up but don't allow myself to do so. This is really hard on me seeing I already have a 5 yr. old to look after and its making me crabby which my husband doesn't appreciate at all. Has anyone else going through this or can anyone reccommend anything at all. I am really desperate right now.Any advice would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #2
(female)

Sliminside HB User
Re: What is going on???

Oh i felt so sorry for you when i read your post, i`m 9 weeks pregnant and have a 4 year old so i know where your coming from although i`m am lucky that none of the females in our family have ever suffered from morning sickness, but i just wanted to say how sorry i am that your suffering so much, i did read in a baby book that you should avoid fizzy drinks when pregnant as they can irritate the stomach (dont know if thats true).
sorry i`m not much help to you but i just wanted to say i`ll be thinking of you.
Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
(female)

ROSE880 HB User

same thing happened to me. sorry to tell u this but it idnt go away until my 18th week!!...don't worry it will get better

Old 04-11-2005, 01:17 PM   #4
(female)

DazedandConfused HB User
Lightbulb Re: What is going on???

It is a misconception that morning sickness only happens in the first trimester...this is not true, it can happen any time during pregnancy..for some unfortunate women, it does not go away until they deliver..but this is not the case all the time, and usually it does taper off eventually once your body gets used to the idea of a baby growing inside of u...I know how you feel, i am 25 weeks pregnant and all the first trimester, even into my second..i was so so so so so sick..i cannot express how sick i was..even going to get groceries was so bad..my friend had to come with me, because just looking at the food on the shelves made me so ill..and i have a 2 year old daughter to take care of, so i know too well how it feels, and i sympathize with u!!......but if it is affecting your everyday life, you can be prescribed Diclectin..which was my savior with this pregnancy..and it is completely safe in pregnancy, women have been taking it for years..it stopped my nausea, and i was finally eating better..ask your doctor, i ma sure s/he heard of this before.....

Take Care..and i hope u r feeling better

DazedandConfused

Last edited by DazedandConfused; 04-11-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

No advice for you other than hang in there. My doc didn't want to talk about meds for nausea until I'd reached week 15...because it's normal. Mine tapered at 14 weeks, so I ended up not needing anything. I know it's not what you want to hear...I didn't like hearing it either...but it did go away. Mine went away all of a sudden...I didn't gradually get better a little each day.

I still have bouts of nausea once in a great while (about 1-2 times a week), but it lasts only a couple hours instead of all day, every day.

I don't have kids to take care of other than the one inside me, but I really sympathize with the sickness. I was similar. I could only drink 7-up...everything else...even water...even the THOUGHT of drinking anything else...made me queasy. I used to love orange juice before pregnancy, and even though I'm past the sickness now, I still gag a bit at the thought of oj. I couldn't even get water in my mouth while in the shower or I'd gag...and the smell of every shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion & perfume made me sick. I had to buy the most neutral/nothing smelling shower/bath products I could find just so I could shower.

I'm right there with Dazedandconfused on having trouble in the grocery store. Oh my gosh...there was 1 day I was looking at the spaghetti sauces and got so nauseous & dizzy, I had to sit on the shelf ledge in the grocery store until it passed. Just looking at food packaging in the store made me ill.

Cleaning products made me gag.
Other people's perfume made me gag.
Brushing my teeth made me gag.
Doing laundry, or my husband doing laundry made me gag (the laundry soap).
Putting gasoline in my car made me gag.
Sharpie marker smell made me gag.
Cigarette smoke makes me SERIOUSLY gag still...and I can smell it a mile away. Go figure...I smoked for 10 years before I found out I was pregnant.
Nice smelly candles made me gag.
Rinsing dirty dishes made me gag.

Ugh. All I can say is you are not alone. Take care.
Gayle

Old 04-12-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbc
Okay I am 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. Acouple of weeks ago I had the nauseas feeling all the time, very tired and of course crabby with everyone which I know is all normal seeing that I am in my first trimester. Well since than I have gotten worse meaning that I am really really sick all the time. I cannot even think of soda without getting sick to my stomach. I ahve had troubles leeping even and having a hard time even taking my prenatal vitamin or brushing my teeth. The only thing I am able to drink is lemonade. Its just weird how everything is getting worse when I think it should be getting better right? I have only thrown up a few times but mostly its just sick to my stomach where I know I can throw up but don't allow myself to do so. This is really hard on me seeing I already have a 5 yr. old to look after and its making me crabby which my husband doesn't appreciate at all. Has anyone else going through this or can anyone reccommend anything at all. I am really desperate right now.Any advice would be great.

I feel for you I am STILL in this shape and I'm around 14 weeks. I was put on the anti nausea meds early on because I've lost quite a bit of weight not being able to eat or if I do nothing stays. It's very depressing. Hang in there. I am praying for the day it gets better.

Closed Thread