It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
This is probably really stupid to ask, but...

Ok, so I am a worrier. I am 27 weeks along, and I feel really stupid asking this, but last night it rained very hard, and the ceiling in our bedroom started to leak in one little spot. It did this a while ago, and the landlord thought he fixed it, obviously not though. We live in an older apartment building, and I am terrified of the possibilty of lead or something leaking with the rain. Now from what I have read, heavy exposure to lead and stuff can cause problems to the mother and fetus, but this isn't what I consider heavy exposure. It leaked for a few hours, only a drip at a time, and I put a bowl under it to catch it. And this is only the second time it has happened. I suppose I am worrying for nothing. I will ask my dr about it next week at my appt, and of course we told our landlord and he is supposed to look at it when it dries up. So please tell me to stop worrying. Again, I feel so stupid asking that, but I guess this is what anxiety and hormones do!

Old 04-12-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: This is probably really stupid to ask, but...

Stop worrying. I am a licensed lead-based paint (LBP) Inspector and Risk Assessor in Illinois, and have been doing it for a long tim (before I was preggo, anyway). Trust me, you worrying are over nothing. I don't want to downplay the ootential dangers of LBP, but I wouldn't even call what you had a minor exposure.

Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: This is probably really stupid to ask, but...

Thanks Gayle, I feel better. And after my DH got home from work, I told him about it and he helped me settle down too. Thanks again!

Closed Thread