It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User
Odd belly button feeling...what is it?

October mommy's has anyone noticed a really odd sensation in your belly button? When I press on my belly button there is this weird pressure feeling. Kind of feels like pushing on a bruise? I have barly started to show, only noticible to me and my boyfriend. I'll be 14 weeks this Sunday, all my clothes still fit although they are getting a little tight. My tummy is starting to protrude (comparted to my usual flat tummy) but it's still soft not firm yet. Anyone know what could cause this or if it's normal? Thanks!

Old 04-22-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
Re: Odd belly button feeling...what is it?

Is sounds like your abdominal muscles are separating. I had this with my first PG (I had a 4 pack and really flat tummy before) and it was really painful by 20-24 weeks, then it got better. The doc said it's common for the two sets of muscles to begin to pull apart as your uterus grows and stretches everything out. It always starts in that place, right behind the belly button.

By my last PG, it hadn't gone back to normal (my PG's were only 1 year apart) and it didn't hurt. But by the end I could actually see her stick baby parts through the hole. You could almost see the shape of a tiny little foot, and it felt SOOOO weird because there was only skin and uterus between her foot and the world, and no ab muscle.
DD born 3/24/2005

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

My belly button feels like that sometimes, I never asked the dr about it, because it started doing it long before the baby was up that high, so I figured it probably had nothing to do with it. But I did ask a friend who has had three babies, and she said her's hurt everytime. I think it is just one of those pains. You are at 14 weeks, wait till you get nearer to the end, you will have all sorts of random pains!

Old 04-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #4
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

Thanks ladies! I had no idea what it was and it felt sooooo odd! I have read a ton about pregnancy and nothing touched on the belly button sensation this early in pregnancy. What siren said hit home, I have (hmm Had!) really strong stomach muscles as well (a 4 pack) and my tummy just started to grow. It's funny because it's all squishy! (which it never has been before) I call it my "tummy poochy" I was just e-mailing my mommy about it and was telling her how I can't even "suck it in" which would make complete sense if my muscles are deteriorating...it would make it hard to flex those muscles and suck it in.

It's always nice to know your not alone! Thanks!

Closed Thread