It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 06:44 AM   #1
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User
Question Self tanners and being pregnant

My husband and I went to St. Johns at the beginning of April (it rained 5 days out of the 7 we were there ) so we didnt get alot of sun and beach time. My arms and legs and face are so pale I look sickly! Usually around this time Id use a little self-tanning lotion to get a healthy looking glow (I used a certain brand as it didnt give me that orangy color) I dont want to use a tanning bed because I dont think its safe for baby, but I was wondering about self tanning lotions, are they safe to use? Is anyone using any? Im not vain or anything, I just hate looking so pale!. Anyway, I bought some at the store but it doesnt have a warning of any kind on the bottle. What do you girls think?

Old 04-23-2005, 08:05 AM   #2
(female)

DazedandConfused HB User
Cool Re: Self tanners and being pregnant

Well April i St.johns in not that warm anyway..it is not till june or july before it heats up..it is April 23 now and it is so cold outside ...but self tanners are generally safe to use, i used them when i was prego with my daughter..but just have a look at their website usually they do have one, and they should give u some info from there..

Take Care

DazedandConfused

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2005, 06:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Self tanners and being pregnant

I think they are safe too, but since your hormones are all out of whack, they might react differently than usual.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

JLMandPaul - My husband and I were on St. John at the end of March (we had perfect weather - it hadn't rained in a month at that point, so you must have gotten the drought-breaking storm!) and I used self-tanner before I went - my doc said it was fine. I used a Neutrogena brand bronzer/self-tanner and it looked pretty good.

DazedandConfused - what do you mean it's not warm on St. John in April?? It's a tropical island! We had 85-90 deg. weather every day. That's why people go there in the winter, cause it's so nice and HOT when it's cold everywhere else! Maybe you meant another St. John - I'm talking about the US Virgin Island...of course, here in Vermont, it's not what I'd call warm.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:14 AM   #5
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User

Jaybird75---We definately hit the drought breaking storm! It rained ALOT!. Although we still had a nice time, just wish we had better weather. Also it was quite warm and humid in the 80s. Which to me isnt cold at all (I come from New England so I know what cold is!). Hubby and I plan on going earlier next year (feb or march)and bringing the baby. Hopefully better weather next year!.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #6
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

Man, you *just* missed the sun - we were there from March 30 to April 3. It was my first time there - I'd been to St. Maarten & St. Thomas & other islands, but not to St. John - and it was awesome. We're also planning on going back next year! Though probably in mid-April, because the prices get cut in half once 'off season' begins & we want to rent a house with a few other couples. We stayed at the St. John Inn at Cruz Bay and had such a nice time...the beaches were fantastic. I can't wait for next year!

Closed Thread