It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #1

tanita78 HB User
Question Could it really happen after a tubal ligation!!!!!!

What is going on here!!!I had a tubal ligation in 01 after the birth of my 3rd child(worst mistake I ever made)and have always dreamed of it failing.Well this what has been happening on Feb 2nd I had a normal AF and all was well then on march 4th and 5th I just had some very light spotting not normal for me at all but didnt think anything about it well here it is april25th and nothing since the spotting.I got to thinking a week ago and thought wow could it be but I took a preg test and neg.Well this week I have been sick to the point of vomiting once low back pains bleeding gums very tired and grouchy along with some achy cramping in my pelvic area but no real pain so took another test urrrgh neg.I tell my husband that I know how I feel and its pregnant God what a miracle it would be but he thinks I am nuts!So I have 2 questions does anyone know of tubals failing and healthy babies being born and second is it possible to be testing neg even though I am pregnant if you didnt count the spotting I would be 11wks preggo and would be due Nov 9th.God please let this little miracle happen for me!!!!!! Tanita

Last edited by tanita78; 04-25-2005 at 12:26 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to tanita78:
dbroyl (08-02-2011)
Old 04-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
(female)

confused_2c HB User
Re: Could it really happen after a tubal ligation!!!!!!

My dr. said that they cut, burn and tie your tubes so the possiblilty of getting pregnant is slim to none. The way he put it was the goal of having the procedure is to make so that you can't get pregnant again. So your dr. wouldn't have done his job or at the very least done it correctly if you are pregnant. I would say that you need to see a dr. becuase something is wrong. Go and get a blood test to be sure. You and your possible baby need the best care and the sooner you find out the better you can take care of yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 12:54 PM   #3

tanita78 HB User

I was not sure exactly how they were done so I just called the doctors office and they said he put a clip on then cut off the loop.I also had it done right after delivery I have heard that can increase risk.I am probally just wishful thinking but boy do I feel pregnant Tanita

Old 04-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

nadyjo HB User

There are two ways they tie your tubes. They way expained above and also they actually tie them. The later way they can become untied. There is a possibillity that you could have a tubal preg. You need to be seen, what you are describing is not normal. Good luckok!

Old 04-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I am having a tubal during my c-section in July. This is my 4th child & not my decision but the doctor thought it would be too dangerous for me to have any more kids. So I am ok with it. When my doctor was telling me about the tubal he told me that there are cases were the tubes DO grow back together. He said it was rare but it does happen. I hope the best for you, but you should go to the doctor & make sure that nothing is wrong. Some of what you are describing is what my mom described when she was entering the very early stages of menapause.

Chris (25 weeks)

Old 04-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #6

tanita78 HB User

Boy I hope no early mpause at 27 ekkkk! Tanita

Old 04-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Yeah it can happen, depends on how you have it done. It is rare though, and apparently more likely the younger you are. A girl that I used to work with had hers done, she was about 22 and she got pregnant afterwards. She had two opinions and it had been done correctly, they just told her it was one of those rare occurnces and that is was more likely in younger people, I don't know what that has to do wtih anything, but I don't know why they would have just randomly told her that.
But, you do need to go the dr.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:01 PM   #8
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I know a girl that got fixed a few years ago and just now found out shes pg again. I plan on getting fixed after this babys born. I hope it doesnt fail im terrified. It sounds like you will be happy if it failed for you so I hope you do get your wish.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #9

SpoiledCutie258 HB User

Actually yes you can stil get pregnant after a tubal ligation ...They had on aol a few weeks ago that a 50 some year old woman with grandchildren was pregnant and had a tubal ligation like 16 years ago.

Also my moms sister in law's freind had a tubal ligation and a few years later found out she was pregnant.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:03 PM   #10

tanita78 HB User

wow!Thanks for the replys I love all your stories I would love another baby but I am scarred to death it would be in the tube I would be devistated.I bought another hpt test tonight I am going to take it in the morning I will have to post the results keep your fingers crossed for me.I would also like to say make sure you know what you are doing when you consider a tubal.Thanks again and good luck with all those wonderful babies ion the way! Tanita

Old 04-27-2005, 05:09 AM   #11

tanita78 HB User

Well I have offically given up on baby another neg preg test.I figure it is pretty well impossible to have 4 neg preg test and be 11 wks along.It must be something else but I can say one thing it really likes to mimic pregnancy.Thanks for all the replys! Tanita

Old 04-27-2005, 06:59 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User

One of my teachers in Highschool was pregnant after having it done. Her youngest child at the time was 22 and she had 4 grandchildren....talk about shocked!

Old 04-27-2005, 07:51 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

At least see your doctor before giving up. I wonder if having a tubal ligation could effect the results of a home preg test?

It is possible to hit a false menopause at 27, OR to get pregnant after a tubal ligation. I watched a show the other week about a woman who was having a baby after having it done. The doctor did say that the tubes can grow back together. Goodluck

Last edited by Frynd1; 04-27-2005 at 07:52 AM.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:26 AM   #14

tanita78 HB User

Well guys I made a doc appt for next wed we will have to see what happens I will have to post the results who knows stranger things have happened! Tanita

Old 04-29-2005, 06:55 PM   #15

tanita78 HB User
Unhappy Re: Could it really happen after a tubal ligation!!!!!!

Now high blood pressure to add to everything else!What next?I went to the drug store today and thought I would check my BP and it was high I have never had problems with blood pressure it has always been rather low.I cant wait till wed maybe I will finally get some answers.I have a list of symptoms for the poor doctor maybe I should just write them all down
Tanita

Closed Thread