It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

jadontusmommy HB User
Question Hives & Horomones

When I was 3 1/2 months pregnant with my son I developed hives that lasted for about a month and a half. My doctors had no clue as to why. I had not been using anything new to cause them. Then in Jan. of this year (2005) I developed hives again. Still no one knows why. I was reading here on the boards about someone that had hives because of a horomone imbalance. In October 2004 I stopped taking birth control. My periods are still irregular from stopping the pills. Does anyone know if there is a corelation to horomones causing hives? I still have my hives, but they are not bad. On a scale of 1-10 1 being normal itching and 10 being extreme, my hives now are about a 2 at their worst. They were of couse a 10 when they first started & were raised welts. I am taking Claritin for them. In the last 2 months my hives are just itchy red marks that result from scratching. Anyone ever have hives after stopping birth control or while pregnant? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User
Re: Hives & Horomones

I had a non itchy rash last lasted about a month when I was about 10 weeks along. The docs had no clue why and it went away on it's own. I think it's just one of those weird preganacy things!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #3
(female)

fillorbust HB User

Hello
I ended up getting hives after I had a TB test done at the hospital that I work at. They started 1-2 weeks after the test. This was last May and I still have them. I also take claritin for them. I can get away with taking 1 every 3 days. I've read that pregnancy exacerbates the problem due to the hormone levels. My allergist has said that for 90-95% of the cases of hives there is no known cause. He called the raised welts after itching dermographism. I do believe he said that was caused by the itching and then there is histamine released into the skin which results in the welts.
Good luck at finding the cause and getting it taken care of. I'm not sure if hormones would just start causing hives or not.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
(male)

robbiesg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadontusmommy View Post
When I was 3 1/2 months pregnant with my son I developed hives that lasted for about a month and a half. My doctors had no clue as to why. I had not been using anything new to cause them. Then in Jan. of this year (2005) I developed hives again. Still no one knows why. I was reading here on the boards about someone that had hives because of a horomone imbalance. In October 2004 I stopped taking birth control. My periods are still irregular from stopping the pills. Does anyone know if there is a corelation to horomones causing hives? I still have my hives, but they are not bad. On a scale of 1-10 1 being normal itching and 10 being extreme, my hives now are about a 2 at their worst. They were of couse a 10 when they first started & were raised welts. I am taking Claritin for them. In the last 2 months my hives are just itchy red marks that result from scratching. Anyone ever have hives after stopping birth control or while pregnant? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I've had dermographism for more than 5 years now but I have learnt to control it, its food what you eat in is actualy what you get out as itching.

Stop any thing made up of Sugar, oily deep fried stuff, packed food, spicy food. Make this for a week and you'll come to know whats the truth.

Sometimes foods like milk and milk products, yeast and yeast products could also trigger the itching.

Let you meals have more of greens and vegetables, they have lot of minerals that are vital for your body which you will not get in the foods mentioned above.

Let me know how is your condition now may be I could help you and many more like me.

Rob

Old 11-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
(female)

lisajrule HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadontusmommy View Post
Hi get hives when on the pill and during pregnancy if it is cold outside. With my first child I was pregnant in the summer and it wasn't that bad but this time I am pregnant over winter and it is really bad. I also have bad swelling of legs/ankles/knees. I am going to see consultant next week but I do not hold much hope as previously doctors just look at me blankly when I mention it and I have self-diagnosed myself! Any help appreciated but I do sympathise.

Closed Thread