It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2005, 06:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
When can you see the yolk sac?

I hate to keep posting questions here, but I've got another week to go before we can confirm my pregnancy.

At what week can you see the yolk sac? We are not sure how far along I am (nor are we even positive I'm pregnant) as I had a m/c 6 weeks ago. I went in for an ultrasound on Tuesday and all the tech could see was a "fluid sac". My HCG levels (5,000) indicate I should be around 5 weeks, but wouldn't you be able to confirm the pregnancy via ultra sound at 5 weeks? I'm having to wait until next Thursday for another u/s and I'm kinda going nuts as my doctor thinks it could be a molar pregnancy from left over miscarriage tissue. TIA for any input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

Sliminside HB User
Re: When can you see the yolk sac?

Hi when i was expecting my son 5 years ago i bled alot in the early days, i to had a scan at around 5 weeks and had to go back at around 7 weeks before they could confirm the baby was indead there.
Hope all goes well for you and let us know how you get on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 07:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

I was four weeks when I first went to my doctor and he couldn't see the sac so he sent me out for blood work and in a week my levels went up 1000. The next week, week five he could see the sac. He also saw her heartbeat and said it was the earliest he had ever seen a heartbeat. Hope that helps.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-06-2005, 07:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Zekat, when I was pregnant w/ DS I went to RE, when we thought I was 6 wks so he could see Heartbeat and release me to my regular OB. And all he saw was the sac, so he wanted me back in a week, and said I must of ovulated late. So that was one long week of worry. So I went back and as soon as it came on the screen I saw the heartbeat, I was so releaved! He showed me the baby (heartbeat) and the yolk, and said I was 6 wks. So thats why he didn't see it the week before because I wasn't far enough along.

I hope you get positive, news. Let us know! Take care, you will be in my prayers.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 05-06-2005 at 07:41 AM.

Old 05-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

Thank you all for your responses. They give me a lot of hope! It's really funny 'cause I know that knoweldge is power, but sometimes I think too much knowledge can be a burden I'm not allowing myself to feel joy because of the outside chance this is not a pregnancy. I really should just learn to roll with things and u/s, hcg levels and tissue be damned

That's not really true, but you probably catch my drift (and I do believe my drift is frustration )

Truly, thanks again for your responses. I'm glad to know that's it's "normal" to not see the yolk sac at 5 weeks. Next week we really should know for sure. Also, thank you so much for your continued support, Kaleb's Mom! I appreciate that you have responded to all of my posts over the last week regarding my predicament! I hope that I will be able to tell you soon that I am DEFINATELY pregnant!!

Closed Thread