It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

hiya322000 HB User
really dry hair and hair coloring

hey everyone, just wanted opinions on who is getting really dry hair with their pregnancies... i'm 7 months today and my hair texture is so funky.. plus i have grays and have been avoiding going to the salon.. i think the grays do contribute to the dryness.. anyways, can you suggest any hair products that will be helpful and how do you feel about getting your hair dyed at 7 months.. thanks for the replies

Old 05-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
(female)

stacedmlm2005 HB User
Re: really dry hair and hair coloring

I've always suffered from dry hair so it's not a new thing during my pregnancy. I was born blonde and of course as I got older my hair got darker but everyone expected me to be blonde. So highlighting at the salon was way to expensive so I use sun in on my roots for years and it actually was a believable blonde, lots of people thought it was natural. Well my hair started to fall out and it was very damaged so back in the beginning of this pregnancy I went to the salon and got a healthy hair cut and had my hair darkened so I would'nt have to keep up with the roots. From damaging it so much I bought a nice deep conditioner from the salon and a few times per week I will apply and leave it in over night or during the day and braid my hair and wear a bandana on it... it has helped tremondously. My hair is much healthier and it is not falling out anymore. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: really dry hair and hair coloring

They say it's ok, medically, to get your hair dyed, but sometimes it comes out funky, so just be sure you take that into consideration. My hair fell out alot too at the beginning. I had a few things that helped me, Biolage makes some shampoo and conditiner that are strenghting, and then also Clairol, makes a shampoo and conditioner that are supposed to make your hair stronger also, I think both of those helped a lot, and after it started grwoing back in, I changed over to that Brilliant Brunette stuff, I have never died my hair, but because of all the falling out and junk, it was lookign kind of dull, adn that stuff really helped it out. I would also suggest that you don't use any heat on your hair, no hair dryer, curling iron, etc... That should help alot. Alot of times, after the baby is born, women lose hair too. So, go easy on it until all that is over!

Closed Thread