It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
(female)

Honeychild HB User
Unhappy Had an Accident (Could this have hurt my unborn baby)

Hi all

I have fallen twice since being pregnant.

The first time was in the beginning of my second trimester

but it was

not bad. It was a soft fall.

I fell on carpet and I fell on my butt.

The second time was a

few days ago, and that's the one I am more worried about.

My ankle gave way for some unknown reason. i was standing in the kitchen, and it gave way and I fell on my butt on the kitchen tiles. But I fell really hard. Luckily it wasn't on my belly, cos I am quite big now.

The worst thing was that I sprained my ankle. My husband helped me up. Not long after the baby was moving, like probably within 10mins of falling.

The hospital wanted me to come in and they did a trace, and checked the baby;s heartbeat. He was fine, but his heartrate took a long time to be reactive. Apparently it has to reach it's baseline and stay there for 20 beats. his heartrate would get to the baseline but not stay there for the 20 beats. So it took a long time before that happened, but it did happen.

Anyway, I haven't had any bleeding or anything like that (it's been 2 days now) but just curious if the fall I had on Sunday may have hurt the baby in some way, even though he is moving around just as much as before?

Thanks

Old 05-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
(female)

Honeychild HB User
Re: Had an Accident (Could this have hurt my unborn baby)

Just wanted to add, that I am well into my third trimester right now too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2005, 02:14 AM   #3
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

No I think you and the baby are fine. If hes still moving ok and the doc cleared it too try not to worry so much. I know Ive fallen before and its scarry but the babys well protected in there.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:28 AM   #4
(female)

USPS84 HB User

I have had four falls, so far.

I am a mail carrier, and I slipped on the ice twice in my first trimester; fell up the stairs in my second trimester; and now in my third trimester, I stopped short in the car, and had a mail try squish into my stomach!

Luckily, nothing bad has resulted! My doctor said the cushioning inside the womb is VERY good, and it takes quite a lot to hurt the baby. I say, always check with your own doctor...But just another example...My cousin was 2 days overdue, and she jumped on a giant trampoline for 20 minutes, trying to induce labor. SHE WAS NOT SMART! BUT, the baby was not hurt then either.

Good luck.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hope you are well, and l think by the sounds of things you have nothing to worry about. Take care.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I fell when I was half way through second tri....don't quite know what happened foot gave way and I fell...managed to roll so I hit my side/shoulder/back.

Baby was fine.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I think you are fine. I fell in the first trimester, in the parking lot of a store none the less, that caused some laughs! and i fell on my knees and sort of on my stomach. I had an appt the next day, they said all was fine. My Mom fell twice with me, both times landing directly on her stomach, once on a rock in a creek! And the other time she rolled down a hill! I am fine. There are sometimes women who are in horrible car wrecks and have awful injuries and the babies are fine. They do have a lot of cushioning in there!

Closed Thread